Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imacericg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Today I switched ISPs to Time Warner's RoadRunner's Cable Internet and now my MobileMe email address is giving me an error in Apple Mail. It says "Unable to Connect"

In the list of mailboxes on the left, it has a explanation mark and when I click it, it says:

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “**********@me.com” or try again.

The server returned the error: Mail was unable to connect to server “mail.me.com” using SSL on port 993. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct.

I haven't changed a thing in mail, I just switched ISPs. Any help?

BigDukeSix

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
34.6700N 118.1590W
Is everything else working okay, web browser and such?
When I got my new computer and hooked it up to my cable modem, I had to call them and have them do a reset of the modem to get my computer to recognize it. Might be worth a try.

imacericg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Is everything else working okay, web browser and such?
When I got my new computer and hooked it up to my cable modem, I had to call them and have them do a reset of the modem to get my computer to recognize it. Might be worth a try.

Everything is working. Nothing else changed. I have rebooted both the Mac and the modem. Called Apple, who blamed RoadRunner, called RoadRunner, who blamed Apple.

I would like to check my email in Mail and not have to resort to Safari.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

If all other Internet applications are working then it is not RR. I loose MM connection from time to time. It starts working after. Maybe you should delete the account and re-setup.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I use RR too connect Mail app to MM and have not had a problem. I would delete the account and re-add with default settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.