Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleTools

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Hello everybody...

A few weeks ago I downloaded Smurf's Village App for the iPad and iPhone hoping to have a good time and remember a little bit of my childhood.

The game is cool BUT as soon as you start playing you realized it is NOT FREE and you have to spend a lot of money on "smurfberries" to speed up the game. :mad:

To me this is not a fair approach to customers and it's kind of lying. Also, the buttons are somewhat strategically placed so you can make a mistake very easily spending all your valuable smurfberries with a wrong tap and no "Are you sure you want to spend your smurfberries?" question asked...

So, how to deal with a developer that tries to scam you in this way... I say play but don't pay.

There is a way to grow your crops instantly, earn gold and experience and advance quickly on your levels without having to spend a cent!

Save the smurfberries the game gives you for free to buy the cool items and when you are bored, start all over again without loosing your money because every time you restart the game, everything resets to zero!!!

THE HINT: :eek:

So here it is, the secret to play Smurf Village FAST and FREE...

Change your iPhone or iPad time after you plant your crops!!! :D

Turn your 12 hour seeds into 12 second watermelons!!!

YES! That's all! :)

Just be careful when going into the future... Bad timing will take you too far ahead and your crops will be whithered... ;)

I really don't know what is worse... That Capcom tries to rip you off selling real expensive "virtual fruit" or that they published a game with a programming like that!!! :p

Post your comments! What do you think about Capcom and Smurf's Village?

ENJOY!

Alec.

Lopezjose7

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2011
Sorry to bring this old(ish) thread back up, but I was just scanning the site for anything about this game. It's just so frustratingly addictive. I normally hate games like this, such as farmville etc, and it's not even like it's an exciting game!

It really takes the pee that they want you to spend from a few ££$$ to more than £50 just for some cyber berries!!! what a total rip off.

What more is, crops will grow over night, even if the phone is off and become withered which can be so annoying.

My question is this... Is this game draining my battery, as over the last few weeks my iphone 4 battery is becoming worse and worse and I'm pretty sure it was after installing this!

By the way, great tip about the time ;-) Take that you scamming developers!!

Last edited:

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Be careful using the time cheat. The app recognises these (even if you turn off wifi) and some of the smurf characters will stop giving you XP or you may even lose your game altogether and have to start from the beginning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.