Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missygal

Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Oregon
I'm thinking of getting a Switcheasy case. Anyone have opinions on either the Nude or Vulcan?

Austin M.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Washington
As you see my replying to about every thread about SwitchEasy, you may know that I am in fact that I am a very big SwitchEasy fan. Now, I will answer, but is there any chance you could tell me what you want in a case so I can share with you what the best option for a case there is for you regarding the SwitchEasy brand? Thanks.

Even though I do not have it myself, the Nude is a big pile of junk from the reviewers I have heard, it's perfect for people that like minimalistic cases, but I've heard they break easy and have a ton of scratches.

As for the vulcan, it's a TPU gelli case that has a very smooth texture. It provides a fairly good level of protection while at the same time retaining the iPhone 4's shape and size. the Vulcan is an awesome case.

missygal

Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Oregon
Well I have a Case Mate Barely There that I use most of the time. So was looking for same feel mainly.

jeremy566

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2008
i just ordered the Black trim case. it seems pretty good and you cant beat the price. i really wanted one of those aluminum cases but i was reading they degrade the signal and gps too.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
I had a nude. it was the first case i bought. didn't care for it. plastic felt cheap and it scratched quickly. I broke one of them taking the case off when it bent and creased down the middle.

I use the incase snap smoke now. I highly recommend it. Though it's kind of pricey. The incase feather is also nice, but doesn't come up as high over the face of the front glass as the snap does.

tomadam89

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
With our unique mixed material layout, our Rebel iPhone 3G cases have achieved what any hard or soft cases can not rival. SwitchEasy As you look about every thread about the answer, you may know that I am a big fan that I am at SwitchEasy.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
About anything by SE is good. I wouldn't reccomend the Nude, though. Or the Colors, unless you want a very minimalistic case, as Austin M. said.

I would reccommend the Rebel, it looks very nice, and is supposed to have very good protection.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
The CapsuleRebel is also a great case but it wobbles if you put it on a table unlike the TRIM. The TRIM is just perfect in all aspects.

BurntReality

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Tyler, TX
The CapsuleRebel is also a great case but it wobbles if you put it on a table unlike the TRIM. The TRIM is just perfect in all aspects.

Sad to hear this because I just bought the TRIM for someone as a gift. I might be keeping it now and getting them something else lol.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Sad to hear this because I just bought the TRIM for someone as a gift. I might be keeping it now and getting them something else lol.

LOL. Well at least SwitchEasy did an amazing job with their packaging so they are gift worthy for sure :D

TheBigKing

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
PR
my trm arrieved today good case but the screen protector nock of on sort parts i am think that the problem is the carbon fiber stiker in the back

X2thaP

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2010
Wow, the negativity on the Nude case... I own this one, in black, and have no problems with it scratching.
It does however collect greasy fingerprints, but then again so did the phone before this cover.

I love the fact it is so thin and minimalistic. If you look at the iPhone in this case, the black one, it looks really good,
it looks like it belongs there. A nice little thing I like is the fact you can just see the Apple-logo through the plastic.

But, as it goes with these things, it is all about personal taste.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.