Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DigitalRanger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
I found a great seal on eBay for the defender series ($62 delivered to .ca) so I went ahead and ordered it - I must say that I am very pleased with it. It's aesthetically pleasing (it just looks tough) and I feel that my iPad is protected rather well (a couple of small kids, it's easy for something to happen).

I can highly recommend it... I feel a lot better knowing that my iPad is protected during my travels. :D

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I know someone that just got one also, it is very nice, offers great protection. I don't mind the added bulk, which isn't as much as I thought it would be, but I was shocked by how heavy the ipad seems with it on.

DigitalRanger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2010
You're right about the weight...it definitely increased, but it's not enough to make the iPad uncomfortable to handle :)

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
You don't have the "oil slick" problem as jas been reported by some on here? This was the major thing holding me back from purchasing the Otterbox Defender.

bigddybn

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
You don't have the "oil slick" problem as jas been reported by some on here? This was the major thing holding me back from purchasing the Otterbox Defender.

Haven't tried the iPad version but I have the iPhone 4 version with the new screen protector. No oilslick with that one. They have a new material they are using for the screen.

jcmeyer5

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2008
I've been through three Defenders and no "oil slick" problems.

Reminds me... I gotta get some pictures up here of the Defenders that I am painting and printing graphics on for my kids for Christmas. Its pretty slick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.