PDA

View Full Version : AppleTV Rentals being deleted

albebaubles
Dec 1, 2010, 08:58 AM
I've an Appletv2..

since the ios4.2 update every time I rent a movie, if I don't choose to play the movie the monute AppleTV says it's available but instead choose to watch say an hour later -- appletv DELETES THE MOVIE AND STARTS THE DOWNLOAD AGAIN.

This is happening everytime I attempt to watch a rented movie.

Anyone seen this?

wpotere
Dec 1, 2010, 09:21 AM
I've an Appletv2..

since the ios4.2 update every time I rent a movie, if I don't choose to play the movie the monute AppleTV says it's available but instead choose to watch say an hour later -- appletv DELETES THE MOVIE AND STARTS THE DOWNLOAD AGAIN.

This is happening everytime I attempt to watch a rented movie.

Anyone seen this?

Just a thought, but you might try resetting the unit to see if that solves it.

albebaubles
Dec 1, 2010, 10:01 AM
Just a thought, but you might try resetting the unit to see if that solves it.

Oh yeah, did that first thing.

One additional note - I am using netflix quite a bit. If a rented movie is stored does it have to be deleted for a person to watch a netflix movie? Say it ain't so.

Rich1963
Dec 1, 2010, 10:57 AM
Maybe so. The storage on the AppleTV is quite limited (8GB, I think). The best thing to do would be to set up an experiment renting a movie and leaving it for an hour, and then renting a movie, leaving it alone, and watching a Netflix movie...

albebaubles
Dec 5, 2010, 10:00 AM
Turns out my slowdowns were related to using Google for my DNS. Once I switched it back to my provider downloads improved considerably.