Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have the QYG branded one, model FC8. I just received it a few days ago so I am putting it through the paces right now. If you have some questions I can answer them.

Right now, I can give this battery case a positive rating. It is slim and the styling is much more sleek than the more expensive Exolife and Mophie Juice Pack Air. It charges using a standard micro USB port style b. The USB port also doubles as one of the speaker holes in case you are worried there is only one hole for the sound/mic. The sound holes are linked together by a channel so that you no longer have to worry about covering the single iPhone speaker hole and getting no sound.

The kickstand in the back is a very nice touch. Useful for watching YouTube videos.

The front of the battery case sits flush with the front of the iPhone so don't expect it to provide protection if you drop the iPhone on it's screen. This is the only real drawback that I can see right now, but all the other battery cases I've read about also have flush fronts.

One thing that should be noted is that the blue led lights on the front stay on when you turn on the battery case with the power button also on the front. To turn the led lights off, you have to turn off the battery case.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think the pics on the Internet do a pretty good job of showing the battery case. Look in this thread for more pics: https://forums.macrumors.com/wap/GetThread.php?t=1048625&f=108

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
This thing is a failure that it blocks the iPhone speaker.. Was considering it until I saw that.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010

No it doesn't. The USB port doubles as one of the speaker holes and it is channeled with the other hole so both holes in the case output sound.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010

No it doesn't. The USB port doubles as one of the speaker holes and it is channeled with the other hole so both holes in the case output sound.

According to the review I saw on youtube, the reviewer even said it blocks the speaker, not completely, but muffles it. Dealbreaker for me.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
Which YouTube review is that? And who are you going to trust? Some random guy on YouTube, or some random guy on MacRumors who actually is using the case?

enemi

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2010
England
Which YouTube review is that? And who are you going to trust? Some random guy on YouTube, or some random guy on MacRumors who actually is using the case?

Why are you so protective of this case?
Are you somehow affiliated with this company and you're doing some advertising on this board? :confused: ;)

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010
Why are you so protective of this case?
Are you somehow affiliated with this company and you're doing some advertising on this board? :confused: ;)

If I was affiliated with the company, then I'm doing a pretty darn good job by bashing iOS in the iPhone forum. That's sure to help sales.

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Lol, No worries man. EVeryone has their own opinion. Its just what I saw, end of story. I don't really care for it anyway, I'm waiting for the incipio one to come out. :)

tazavik

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
Hey guys, Im a representative from EMVY case, the topic of this thread. Id like to first mention there is a reason why the QYG branded cases are less expensive. For one, they are not the same. The outside shell is similar with slight differences. I can show you internal pictures that will show many differences. Also we are a USA company, not China like QYG. The EMVY case was redesigned with many features on the case until we were satisfied with the results. The QYG case has a couple flaws we have agreed not to mention them with the manufacturer, one of which makes the case almost unusable. You can definitely buy the cheaper case but I guarantee you won't be happy for too long.

We are a new contender in the iPhone case industry but we will be making quite a presence in the future. We are all iPhone enthusiasts here that test (for many months) and redesign the products to our likings. Please let me know If I can help in anyway. Email us at info@emvycase.com and I will give you a 15% off coupon code!

The EMVY case is the lightest, thinnest, shortest, narrowest battery case out there for the iPhone 4! It has been tested against many of the other cases.

emvy4inhand.jpg

Thanks, Vik.

Last edited:

noxiuniversitas

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011

I have the QYG branded one, model FC8. I just received it a few days ago so I am putting it through the paces right now. If you have some questions I can answer them.

Right now, I can give this battery case a positive rating. It is slim and the styling is much more sleek than the more expensive Exolife and Mophie Juice Pack Air. It charges using a standard micro USB port style b. The USB port also doubles as one of the speaker holes in case you are worried there is only one hole for the sound/mic. The sound holes are linked together by a channel so that you no longer have to worry about covering the single iPhone speaker hole and getting no sound.

The kickstand in the back is a very nice touch. Useful for watching YouTube videos.

The front of the battery case sits flush with the front of the iPhone so don't expect it to provide protection if you drop the iPhone on it's screen. This is the only real drawback that I can see right now, but all the other battery cases I've read about also have flush fronts.

One thing that should be noted is that the blue led lights on the front stay on when you turn on the battery case with the power button also on the front. To turn the led lights off, you have to turn off the battery case.

Heya, just wondering if an added couple of months have changed your opinion on the case at all?

cheers,
jen

bdhtx

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
One Week review of Emvy Case

Thanks to Vik, I received my Emvy case last week. Maiden voyage was a weekend in New Orleans!

First off, love the form factor. The weight, while minor, adds nice balace to the phone. The case itself is so small you don't notice the extra size.

Only had to use it twice, but it worked perfectly. Charged my phone up to over 90% while using it, and did so quickly.

I am very impressed so far and have recommended to several friends and family.

tazavik

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
Thanks to Vik, I received my Emvy case last week. Maiden voyage was a weekend in New Orleans!

First off, love the form factor. The weight, while minor, adds nice balace to the phone. The case itself is so small you don't notice the extra size.

Only had to use it twice, but it worked perfectly. Charged my phone up to over 90% while using it, and did so quickly.

I am very impressed so far and have recommended to several friends and family.

Thanks buddy! Glad you liked it! It seems like anyone that actually see's the case is instantly in love. Just the shape and design alone is a selling factor. let me know if you need anything else. :D

EMVY-STAND.jpg

emvy4pic11.jpg

emvy4pic13.jpg

tangokim

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
i have been using this case for almost 5 months now. Very nice and sleek case. a few negative i would like to point out to those whos thinking about getting one.
1. rubber coating start to chip or rubb off after a month or so,just regular use.
2. battery only charge to 65-75 from 2-5% left on iphone
3. if you have low 3g coverage 1-2 bars, once charge from this case it will kill your signal at first for like 2-6 mins and then back to 2g and so on.
4. the blue light is supppppperrrrrrr bright at night if you plan to use at night while charging it thru wall charger.
5. sometime charging from case give you " this accessories is not support" you have to remove the case and reinsert.

btw my review is for qyg power f8. but by the look and design its idenitical to this case, just diff branding. thats my 2cent.

tazavik

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
i have been using this case for almost 5 months now. Very nice and sleek case. a few negative i would like to point out to those whos thinking about getting one.
1. rubber coating start to chip or rubb off after a month or so,just regular use.
2. battery only charge to 65-75 from 2-5% left on iphone
3. if you have low 3g coverage 1-2 bars, once charge from this case it will kill your signal at first for like 2-6 mins and then back to 2g and so on.
4. the blue light is supppppperrrrrrr bright at night if you plan to use at night while charging it thru wall charger.
5. sometime charging from case give you " this accessories is not support" you have to remove the case and reinsert.

btw my review is for qyg power f8. but by the look and design its idenitical to this case, just diff branding. thats my 2cent.

The EMVY case has been redesigned, it has a few small changes including certain electronic parts inside.

We have also noticed as far as the coating, it lasts pretty well for some and some have trouble with it. I think this is really dependent on the user. Honestly, I have used my personal case for 6 months with not even 1 identification of any coating problems.

The "accessory is not supported" is one problem the QYG version has, the EMVY Case does not have this error.

The blue led's are pretty bright but not enough to light up a room or anything like that. The lights do come on when the plug is connected and its charging.

Battery has a 1450mAh capacity, as far as charging the phone to a certain percentage this has alot to do with the phone itself being used. We all know certain apps can drain the battery quickly, GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, 3G etc... I see the case with comfortable use charging the phone another 65% at least.

If you guys have any questions regarding the EMVY case feel free to shoot me an email!

info@emvycase.com

tangokim

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
The EMVY case has been redesigned, it has a few small changes including certain electronic parts inside.

We have also noticed as far as the coating, it lasts pretty well for some and some have trouble with it. I think this is really dependent on the user. Honestly, I have used my personal case for 6 months with not even 1 identification of any coating problems.

The "accessory is not supported" is one problem the QYG version has, the EMVY Case does not have this error.

The blue led's are pretty bright but not enough to light up a room or anything like that. The lights do come on when the plug is connected and its charging.

Battery has a 1450mAh capacity, as far as charging the phone to a certain percentage this has alot to do with the phone itself being used. We all know certain apps can drain the battery quickly, GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, 3G etc... I see the case with comfortable use charging the phone another 65% at least.

If you guys have any questions regarding the EMVY case feel free to shoot me an email!

info@emvycase.com

im glad you clarified with everyone, looking forward to purchase one soon. thanks

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2009
Looks really good, I don't like the report that it starts to flake or rubb off after a month.. but other then that it seems amazing! I think I'll get one through VIK. Thank you VIK for all the information and everyone for posting this!

tazavik

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
Looks really good, I don't like the report that it starts to flake or rubb off after a month.. but other then that it seems amazing! I think I'll get one through VIK. Thank you VIK for all the information and everyone for posting this!

You are welcome, thank you for your interest!

The flaking is not an issue really for most, however if you really experience any bad flaking send it back and I will replace it for you guys! :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.