PDA

View Full Version : Shure SM57 w/ Blue Icicle Stopped Working

andrewoc
Dec 1, 2010, 05:29 PM
Hi,

Ok, here it goes. Basically, I've used my Shure SM57 mic with the blue icicle usb adapter for months now. I don't think I've ever had a single problem. All of a sudden, it has stopped working. I don't know what is the fault, and I'm not sure how to text it. I have no interchangeable products for either piece of equipment. I have tried garageband, photobooth, and audacity, all to no success. I have clicked it in the system preferences of course.

So this thread really is a shot in the dark. If you have any ideas on what I should check before I try contacting the companies, please let me know.

Thanks

Capt Underpants
Dec 1, 2010, 05:35 PM
It's not likely to be an SM57. You'd have a hard time killing that thing if you were hell bent on it.

You don't know anyone with an extra mic or mic cable? If you can eliminate those possibilities, then it must be the icicle -- or some kind of software issue.

andrewoc
Dec 1, 2010, 05:39 PM
It's not likely to be an SM57. You'd have a hard time killing that thing if you were hell bent on it.

You don't know anyone with an extra mic or mic cable? If you can eliminate those possibilities, then it must be the icicle -- or some kind of software issue.

I literally never take it off the stand, never drop it, nothing - so it probably isn't that. Software, doubt it. I tried many applications, I can try it out on my sisters Macbook later to be sure, though. I guess it must be the icicle (good thing I bought the insurance xD),

Thanks, anyone else have any ideas?