Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LikuidMetal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Irving Texas
So a friend of mine gave me a late 09 MacBook for free due to a cracked screen. He didn't want to put the money into fixing it. I have reinstalled the OS and the machine works like a charm. But I'm in need of the following. Used 13" screen, Battery (Dead), and a power adaptor. Just wondering if anyone knew where to get the parts for as cheep as possible. Here are the specs.

Mac Info: MacBook 13" 2.1 GHz (Penryn)

Model: A1181

Processor: 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

GlynJones

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2005
My suggestion would be to look on eBay for the parts you need. You can find whole screen assemblies on there from broken up machines, used batteries that still hold a good charge (try and stick to original ones rather than after market ones) and second hand power adapters (again stick to originals ones).

With a shopping list above I would look for a water damaged or failed logic board complete machine on eBay for the exact same mode and strip it for the parts if it includes the power adaptor and battery.

Hope that helps.

LikuidMetal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
Irving Texas
My suggestion would be to look on eBay for the parts you need. You can find whole screen assemblies on there from broken up machines, used batteries that still hold a good charge (try and stick to original ones rather than after market ones) and second hand power adapters (again stick to originals ones).

With a shopping list above I would look for a water damaged or failed logic board complete machine on eBay for the exact same mode and strip it for the parts if it includes the power adaptor and battery.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I'll be looking today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.