Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tony-0709

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
How do you like the iCarbons skin? Is it easy to remove later on?

It's actually a really nice skin and I am quite impressed. It is a lot better than the zagg invisible shield, as it looks a lot nicer and at the same time feels great to touch also.

The application wasn't too difficult. If you made a mistake you could simply peel it off and reapply. Wasn't much of a bubble issue either, can very easily be squeezed out with your fingers =)

I had a question on my video's about the heat issue, however so far it hasn't been a problem since I live in New Zealand, and the temperature only hits around 30 degrees celsius, and the SSD instead of the HDD keeps the heat down =)

pwolfe

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2007
I have the icarbons skin on my iphone4 and I absolutely love it. I'm waiting for them to release their 11" version so I can get one for my air. According to their customer support, the should be in the very near future.

tony-0709

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
I have the icarbons skin on my iphone4 and I absolutely love it. I'm waiting for them to release their 11" version so I can get one for my air. According to their customer support, the should be in the very near future.

It really is awesome, I am thinking about buying one for my ipad and ps3 for christmas. Hope they make the 11" MBA version for you soon!

foiden

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
Good question. I live in Maryland, but it never stays too hot there. Not hot in the level that it'll make a big difference in electronics.

On the other hand, the most I've seen my MBA 13" Ultimate work was when showing 1080P flash video off of Youtube with flash 10.1 (Because the CPU was pretty much pushing the whole thing). 10.2 beta actually uses the system's resources much better and hardware accelerates the flash video so that your system stays pretty cool, even with the most demanding 1080p flash vids. You might hear the fan kick on for just a bit with 10.2 beta, but in 10.1 the fans and the heat seem to be at the highest. Still seemed to truck along, though. So far, nothing else demanded more to heat up my Air, and even when it was (with 10.1) it never got hot to the touch. Just a bit on the high warm side.

I'm not using a skin on it, though, so I don't know if it'll make the difference. I've tried games on it, and it seems to not cause as much work and heat as the 1080p flash video did. The fans will activate, but they seem to run at a lower speed with games. Probably because they're more on the gfx card and it would seem the CPU is where the heat really is.

The skin looks nice. It's also very snazzy. I like the fact that you can still take it off, in the future. I wouldn't want anything permanent. Just something that can leave the unit like brand new after the skin is removed.

tony-0709

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Good question. I live in Maryland, but it never stays too hot there. Not hot in the level that it'll make a big difference in electronics.

On the other hand, the most I've seen my MBA 13" Ultimate work was when showing 1080P flash video off of Youtube with flash 10.1 (Because the CPU was pretty much pushing the whole thing). 10.2 beta actually uses the system's resources much better and hardware accelerates the flash video so that your system stays pretty cool, even with the most demanding 1080p flash vids. You might hear the fan kick on for just a bit with 10.2 beta, but in 10.1 the fans and the heat seem to be at the highest. Still seemed to truck along, though. So far, nothing else demanded more to heat up my Air, and even when it was (with 10.1) it never got hot to the touch. Just a bit on the high warm side.

I'm not using a skin on it, though, so I don't know if it'll make the difference. I've tried games on it, and it seems to not cause as much work and heat as the 1080p flash video did. The fans will activate, but they seem to run at a lower speed with games. Probably because they're more on the gfx card and it would seem the CPU is where the heat really is.

The skin looks nice. It's also very snazzy. I like the fact that you can still take it off, in the future. I wouldn't want anything permanent. Just something that can leave the unit like brand new after the skin is removed.

I personally would recommend putting a skin or some form of case on it. I wouldn't dare take mine anywhere without. I can't bear the thought of my MBA getting scratches! >_<!

I also realized the vents are just above the keyboard and below the screen, right where the screen is attached to the bottom half. That's something new =)

Matthew4

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
How do you like the iCarbons skin? Is it easy to remove later on?

It depends what device the skin is on, if it's on glass/plastic it's very easy to remove but if it's on aluminium/steel you need to be very careful because it is easy to rip, it leaves no residue and if you remove it and end up damaging skin as long as it's not ripped you can heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun to remove most of the damage.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
You just missed replying to a 2.5 year old thread. Better luck next time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.