PDA

View Full Version : iTune newbie: how do I download??

7aull
Jan 19, 2005, 03:36 AM
Krikey do I feel like an idiot! Went to the Apple store, onward to the iTunes menu and I'll be damned if, thru all the product and feature yak, I can actually see a button that allows me to go to "the store" (what and where ever that is) and start scanning and buying music!!?!?! WTF am I doing wrong?? I have a G3/350MHz imac with 9.2.2 :confused:
Can someone tell me or at least point me to a place online that will walk me thru this? Many thanks in advance-
Stu Aull
Alaska

edesignuk
Jan 19, 2005, 03:42 AM
You don't go to the iTMS store through the Apple store, you go to it via the iTunes application. The store will show with the playlists on the left hand side.

neilrobinson
Jan 19, 2005, 03:59 AM
can a version of itunes that runs on 9.2 support itunes store? for some reason i thought not, can somebody verify that?

edesignuk
Jan 19, 2005, 04:01 AM
can a version of itunes that runs on 9.2 support itunes store? for some reason i thought not, can somebody verify that?
hmm....I didn't notice the 9.2 bit :o ...I don't have a clue :confused:

neilrobinson
Jan 19, 2005, 06:03 AM
anyone???? i might just have to loadup os 9 again or maybe just have a look at work tommorow

Jaffa Cake
Jan 19, 2005, 06:25 AM

I'm pretty sure that you need a later version of iTunes to access the Music Store but the latest version needs at least OS X 10.1.5 and a 400Mhz G3 according to Apple's site, so it looks like you've got a bit of a problem there.

Mudbug
Jan 19, 2005, 09:41 AM
Macintosh System Requirements

Mac OS X v10.1.5 or later,
Mac OS X v10.2.6 required to copy photos to iPod Photo
Mac OS X v10.3 required for AirPort Express

400MHz G3 processor or better

QuickTime 6.2 required to encode AAC

QuickTime 6.5.2 and latest iLife updates required to use purchased music in iLife '04

256 RAM recommended

DSL, cable modem, or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection recommended for buying and streaming music

wnameth
Jan 19, 2005, 03:12 PM
Just install OSX, I have a copy of the install disk, not burned, real

7aull
Mar 15, 2005, 11:47 PM
OK - so I need OSX! makes sense - then use iTunes to access- got it!
thanks folks!!
Stu Aull