Dec 3, 2010, 07:49 AM
iPad gets delivered sometime today

Opted for the 16gb Wifi model

Whats the first few things I should install/do any cool apps/tips

and should i jailbreak it?

Thanks

ClutchThese
Dec 3, 2010, 07:59 AM
first thing you should do is jailbreak! :) Then, install SBSettings through cydia.

Then, go to the official App Store and download "Sunday Ticket" so you can watch all the Sunday football games on your iPad on the go! after that, install Air Video, Find iPhone, Downloads HD and Pandora. :) that's all ill contribute at this time.

The JTizzle
Dec 3, 2010, 08:00 AM
Check out

Djay
Social
Air video
beejive
Looptastic
Netflix
Vlc
Rage hd
Sketchbook

Just a few of my regular use apps.

e1usive
Dec 3, 2010, 08:15 AM
Netflix on it? Woah HD?

nospeed411
Dec 3, 2010, 08:47 AM
Netflix on it? Woah HD?

Yes..

My wife's special order 3g one is out for delivery..wooot. Gives me 20 days to play with it before Christmas...LOL I can't believe how fast the shipping is...I ordered it on Wed. evening and it was shipped from China within the hour...custom engraving and all. Checked this morning and it's out for delivery. Wasn't to be here till Dec 7th. Seriously thats some friggin logistics!

maturola
Dec 3, 2010, 09:01 AM
Yes, get it out of the box and Jailbreak it! ;)

e1usive
Dec 3, 2010, 09:03 AM
just got it, so excited but i dont wanna unbox it untill my case portfolio + screen protector comes which is also today

maturola
Dec 3, 2010, 09:16 AM
just got it, so excited but i dont wanna unbox it untill my case portfolio + screen protector comes which is also today

LOL go ahead unbox it and enjoy it, It is no made of sugar or jello, It will be fine until you got your covers and stuff later today. (unless you are Edward Scissorhands you will be fine)

aprofetto8
Dec 3, 2010, 09:21 AM

I wouldn't bother with a screen protector, but to each their own.

I hope you enjoy it! I love opening Apple products, I think it's my favourite part to be honest?

Have fun! Don't wait too long to open it.

e1usive
Dec 3, 2010, 09:27 AM
haha i dont like on apple products how it's at the top always :P save best till last normally but yeah omfggggg cant wait. Skype msn bedd woo

poloponies
Dec 3, 2010, 10:09 AM

No screen protector on our 2 iPads and no problems at all in the last 6 months (and my wife is not all that careful with hers). But if it makes you feel better then go with it.

MsMerryMac
Dec 3, 2010, 10:31 AM
I didn't think I would unpack mine until I got my case but I couldn't stand it and am actually glad that I got to experience it sans case for a few hours. Once I slipped it in the case, I kind of wish I had no need for one. I love nekkid Apple products.

I skipped the screen protector...three iPod Touch models that never had one and never a single scratch. Plus, I hate the feel of even the best screen protectors.

Enjoy your new iPad! This is just the beginning of a hot and heavy romance!:rolleyes:

aprofetto8
Dec 3, 2010, 10:37 AM
I didn't think I would unpack mine until I got my case but I couldn't stand it and am actually glad that I got to experience it sans case for a few hours. Once I slipped it in the case, I kind of wish I had no need for one. I love nekkid Apple products.

I skipped the screen protector...three iPod Touch models that never had one and never a single scratch. Plus, I hate the feel of even the best screen protectors.

Enjoy your new iPad! This is just the beginning of a hot and heavy romance!:rolleyes:

Back when I had my iPhone 2G and then iPhone 3G I used to be a big believer in cases. But I tell ya, everytime I took the case off, be it for cleaning, charging, etc. The product felt amazing all on its own. I hated everytime I had to put the case back on.

I really hated becoming a prisoner to my fear of damaging my iPhone. What I ended up doing was switching to a pouch case (Sena Slim Case). It was the best of both worlds for me. When I used the phone I was able to hold it naked, the way Apple products are meant to be held. And when I was done using it, I just slipped it in the Sena slip case. The protection isn't as extensive as some of the other cases out there, but it allowed me to use the iPhone naked and thats what I like best.

Since then I use both my iPhone and iPad naked and just put them in a slip case when I'm not using them. I find it the ideal compromise.

Never again will I become a prisoner to my paranoia.

Dragoro
Dec 3, 2010, 10:42 AM
Not that netflix will be good for all that long with with the Usage based pricing that the democrats are allowing the broadband companies to force on us:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704594804575648043301403732.html?mod=WSJ_Tech_LEFTTopNews

Its going to end up being cheaper just to go buy movies at your local store and put them onto your computer/ipad/whatever.

poloponies
Dec 3, 2010, 10:44 AM
Back when I had my iPhone 2G and then iPhone 3G I used to be a big believer in cases. But I tell ya, everytime I took the case off, be it for cleaning, charging, etc. The product felt amazing all on its own. I hated everytime I had to put the case back on.

I really hated becoming a prisoner to my fear of damaging my iPhone. What I ended up doing was switching to a pouch case (Sena Slim Case). It was the best of both worlds for me. When I used the phone I was able to hold it naked, the way Apple products are meant to be held. And when I was done using it, I just slipped it in the Sena slip case. The protection isn't as extensive as some of the other cases out there, but it allowed me to use the iPhone naked and thats what I like best.

Since then I use both my iPhone and iPad naked and just put them in a slip case when I'm not using them. I find it the ideal compromise.

Never again will I become a prisoner to my paranoia.

While I don't believe in screen protectors, I have a Marware EcoVue case which is indispensable. Aside from easily closing the flap to stick it in my bag, being able to angle it in my lap or on a desktop is a great convenience.

aprofetto8
Dec 3, 2010, 10:53 AM
While I don't believe in screen protectors, I have a Marware EcoVue case which is indispensable. Aside from easily closing the flap to stick it in my bag, being able to angle it in my lap or on a desktop is a great convenience.

Ya, I definitely think alot of it comes down to preference.

Theres no wrong or right way to hold or incase your iPad. It is definitely to each their own.

I used to use the Apple case, and I agree that the angling ability was quite nice.

Zcott
Dec 3, 2010, 10:55 AM
Don't jailbreak and do get an Apple case. And don't get a screen protector.

From A Buick 8
Dec 3, 2010, 11:47 AM
iPad gets delivered sometime today

Opted for the 16gb Wifi model

Whats the first few things I should install/do any cool apps/tips

and should i jailbreak it?

Thanks

That is the model i am getting for Christmas from the wife. We are going to order tonight, going to get the free engraving.

Not going to open until Christmas Morning so the waiting will be exquisite :eek:

vincenz
Dec 3, 2010, 12:03 PM
That is the model i am getting for Christmas from the wife. We are going to order tonight, going to get the free engraving.

Not going to open until Christmas Morning so the waiting will be exquisite :eek:

How will you resist???

From A Buick 8
Dec 3, 2010, 12:37 PM
How will you resist???

She has to hide it from me, i was the same way last year waiting on my Pioneer XMP3 radio. Was the first year in a long time i was really looking forward to Chistmas morning.

Now i can be like a kid again this year.

pfjellman
Dec 3, 2010, 01:19 PM

exquisite? i think you mean excruciating!

From A Buick 8
Dec 3, 2010, 03:27 PM
exquisite? i think you mean excruciating!

One of the secondary definitions in Encarta it is # 4 felt with a sharp intensity

The wait will be exquisite.

appleexpert15
Dec 3, 2010, 04:45 PM
Just kind of curious why you didn't wait for the gen 2 ipad? It may have already been answered but I didn't read all the way through this thread.

Dumbledorelives
Dec 3, 2010, 06:02 PM
Just kind of curious why you didn't wait for the gen 2 ipad? It may have already been answered but I didn't read all the way through this thread.

Maybe because:

1) Who wants to wait an indefinate amount of time, probably in the span of months, simply for the product to be announced? Then, probably another month, maybe two, for them to actually release it for sale?

2) Who says there's going to be any major improvement? Cameras - probably, but honestly my phone does just fine for a camera, and I never, EVER, videochat, and I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat as me. Apart from perhaps a speed boost, maybe a memory boost, and there is that one (rather silly) rumour that they will have a usb port - which also isn't actually incredibly useful to a lot of people. What would I plug into it? Would would I do with something if I did plug it in? Again - no groundbreaking improvements. Maybe if there was any chance of a new form factor (like iphone 3gs to iphone 4) or perhaps a retina display would be worth waiting, but neither of those are happening, and anyone saying otherwise is either stupid or kidding themselves. :)

3) It's an iPad. How can you resist an iPad?

e1usive
Dec 3, 2010, 06:09 PM
Posting from iPad now lol its amazing what should I do and cheap appsbto buy

Zcott
Dec 3, 2010, 08:27 PM
Reeder, iBooks, Plants vs Zombies, Instapaper. My favourites.