Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravensfan55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
I have an iPad, and I'm looking for 3 things.

1. A good case. I'm looking for a standard style case, with a stand
2. Stylus. I plan on using it to take notes, whats the best stylus they make for iPads?
3. Screen protecter. I assume Power Supports are the best?

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
I have an iPad, and I'm looking for 3 things.

1. A good case. I'm looking for a standard style case, with a stand
2. Stylus. I plan on using it to take notes, whats the best stylus they make for iPads?
3. Screen protecter. I assume Power Supports are the best?

I agree with above, search if your issue is not unique, and these are what I would call "FAQ's"

However, for the screen protector, I will tell you that Ghost Armor is great. After a couple days you can't tell it's there, it's more fingerprint resistant than the factory screen and is very pleasant to touch and swipe and what not with. (It DOES feel different than the glass on the iPhone 4, but I actually prefer the feel of ghost armor over the feel of the iPhone screen). If there is a mall close to you there is probably a Ghost Armor kiosk where it can be installed for you for $10. The guy at the one close to me is incredibly annoying and kind of rude, but he does a great job. I got my iPhone done there, will do the same for the iPad. I don't know if they do a full-body armor for the iPad, but if they do, I would get it. It will protect the back from scratches.

Honestly, it is so fingerprint resistant I would buy it on that premise alone, I had my iPhone 4 "naked" for about a week and it was terrible, after a little while of use the screen needed to be wiped or it started looking blurry and splotchy, ghost armor looks great!

One tip though, bring a lint and static free bag or some paper towels with you. I wasn't aware until I had it installed that the iPhone cannot go in a pocket/purse/etc. for 24 hours otherwise it won't cure correctly, so I was kind of stuck with buying a $5 bag at the kiosk to put it in. I would assume that you can't put the iPad in it's case or anything like that for 24 hours as well, but the guy at this kiosk told me you can wrap it in paper towels and that will be okay.

-John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.