PDA

View Full Version : Registering MobileMe?

DougY
Dec 3, 2010, 10:26 PM
I have had the trial version of MobileMe on my iMac, iPad and iPhone for a few weeks. Now that Ive purchased the program, how do I register the serial number?

PsyOpWarlord
Dec 3, 2010, 11:47 PM
You should be able to enter it here:
http://www.me.com/activate

DougY
Dec 4, 2010, 11:11 AM
I went to the activate site, clicked on Apply to Existing Account, typed in the activation code....and my summary still shows me as using a trial version that will expire on Feb 1, 2911.
Shouldnt I see an activated account now?

rdowns
Dec 4, 2010, 11:50 AM
I went to the activate site, clicked on Apply to Existing Account, typed in the activation code....and my summary still shows me as using a trial version that will expire on Feb 1, 2911.
Shouldnt I see an activated account now?

Nope. For whatever reason, they don't show your new expiration date until after the trial expires.

DougY
Dec 5, 2010, 09:20 AM
Nope. For whatever reason, they don't show your new expiration date until after the trial expires.

Thats true. I called and it is a fact that my account will not show a registered version of MobileMe until the trial expires. It is an option to cancel the trial and proceed directly to the registered version if I want. The reason is that under the trial version, email aliases cannot be utilized, and some customers want to have that option immediately. Therefore, their account would show a registered version right away. I don't want to throw away a free two months of MobileMe, so I'll wait until the trial expires, and then my account with show that I have paid for a full year.