PDA

View Full Version : ATV vs. Composite AV Cable

bulls106
Dec 4, 2010, 11:18 AM
I cannot decide whether to buy the ATV or the composite AV cable. The main tv in my house does not have room for another power cord, so I would not be able to use the ATV on the main tv. I could however hookup the composite av cable to my ipad, and watch videos that way. It seems like a waste to buy a cable for $40, when I could buy the ATV for $100. Does the ATV make it much easier to view videos, so it's worth the sacrifice of not using it on my main tv? Thoughts? Thanks!

newagemac
Dec 4, 2010, 12:02 PM
I would just go out and get one of those multi outlet power strips if you prefer the Apple TV. You can get these for under 5 bucks.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=cheap+power+strip&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=2754557426686050&ei=6oH6TL7LDYX6lwe7ja3EDA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDQQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers

bulls106
Dec 4, 2010, 12:05 PM
That's not the issue. I already have a power strip. The tv is in a home entertainment unit. All of the electronics are on a shelf above the tv, and there is a hole to bring the cords down. The hole cannot fit anymore cords, and I cannot drill a bigger hole.