Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2009
Hey everyone. I have an iMac running Win7 in Bootcamp. Does anyone know how to disable the sound that plays when you adjust the volume up and down? I can only find solutions for XP ansd Vista - and neither work on Win7.

Turian.Spectre

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Hey everyone. I have an iMac running Win7 in Bootcamp. Does anyone know how to disable the sound that plays when you adjust the volume up and down? I can only find solutions for XP ansd Vista - and neither work on Win7.

go in to control panel (mine is set to small icons view), click on sound, in the menu which opened click on the sounds tab, in the window below scroll down and select default beep, then in the drop down scroll menu below chose (None).
And you're done. If you can't figure out my instructions, let me know, I can post a screenshot.

EDIT: after a restart it no longer worked for me... will post again if I find a solution.

Last edited:

ryannazaretian

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
Mississippi

Right Click on the speaker icon in the taskbar notification area (bottom right). Click "Open Volume Mixer". Scroll to the right until you see Bootcamp. Click the speaker icon below the slider for Bootcamp to mute it.

Done.

Reactions: TheBruno and bit

th991

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2014
Right Click on the speaker icon in the taskbar notification area (bottom right). Click "Open Volume Mixer". Scroll to the right until you see Bootcamp. Click the speaker icon below the slider for Bootcamp to mute it.

Done.

cheers

bit

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2014

Done.

I love you, man.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.