Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
JB my iPad using the latest RedSn0w JB option... my son drained the battery watching Spongebob till the iPad completely died.

Now i'm having trouble getting the iPad to work again.

I know this current JB is tethered, and currently have the iPad connected to my MBP...but still nothing. I've attempted to put the iPad in restore mode, yet iTunes doesn't show the iPad, even though the iPad's screen shows that USB cable pointing to the iTunes logo.

Aside from that I can only wonder that next in line would be to put it in DFU mode, but i've gone ahead and done this, at least I believe I have (doing the whole holding power button for 10 secs, both for 10 secs, then home for 5 secs) but nothing happens as well.

I've attempted to use RedSn0w as well throughout this process but every time RedSn0w says no iPad was detected and to "Google how to put it in DFU mode"

I'm lost guys.

Please.

Help.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Have you attempted to plug it into the power cable and charge it up for a while first? Possible that it's so completely drained that it needs juice since the data cable plugged into the computer won't do that.

Sherifftruman

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I would definitely just leave it plugged in with the charger for a couple of hours before trying much with it at all. If for some reason you don't have a charger you might get enough by leaving it plugged into you computer overnight, depending on how much power your USB puts out. On mine, even thigh it says not charging it will actually charge around 15% per hour, at least until 90-95% or so.

You can also try Tiny Umbrella to see if it can detect the iPad.

godkorg

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Happened to me, just needed a charge :) ur good m8!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.