PDA

View Full Version : ibook screen freeze

commonpeople
Jan 19, 2005, 10:26 PM
Hi,
Has anyone had a problem like this?

If I leave my ibook 1.07 GHz PowerPC G4 stationary on a surface, it behaves normally, but I've found that if I tilt or move the ibook from one place to another, there's a high probability that I get a screen freeze. Nothing looks different, except I can't do anything- move windows etc. and I have to reboot the machine.

I've tried repairing permissions which doesn't seem to help. I suspect it's a hardware fault- which I don't mind too much since I have apple-care, but anyway I'd appreciate your advice.

Oh, also, I installed extra Apple ram several months back, but I don't think this is the problem.
Thanks,
Commonpeople

Blackheart
Jan 19, 2005, 10:42 PM
Hi,
Has anyone had a problem like this?

If I leave my ibook 1.07 GHz PowerPC G4 stationary on a surface, it behaves normally, but I've found that if I tilt or move the ibook from one place to another, there's a high probability that I get a screen freeze. Nothing looks different, except I can't do anything- move windows etc. and I have to reboot the machine.

I've tried repairing permissions which doesn't seem to help. I suspect it's a hardware fault- which I don't mind too much since I have apple-care, but anyway I'd appreciate your advice.

Oh, also, I installed extra Apple ram several months back, but I don't think this is the problem.
Thanks,
Commonpeople

Seeing as how it only gives you trouble when you tilt, or jostle, it I'd also say that it's a hardware issue. A loose connection is my guess. Time to get your money's worth from your APP.

commonpeople
Jan 20, 2005, 01:46 AM
Seeing as how it only gives you trouble when you tilt, or jostle, it I'd also say that it's a hardware issue. A loose connection is my guess. Time to get your money's worth from your APP.

Thanks for the reply. I'll whip it back to Apple then. Incidentally, I've had a very good experience with Apple care- they've been well worth the money.