Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
I know that suprnova is asking users to pay now. What are people using for bit torrent clients? Any good info and links!

tubedogg

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2003
Minnesota
Are Java-based applications as horrible on Mac as they are on Windows? (Not really talking about the GUI, though all Java apps have horrible GUIs IMO because of what they are, but about the lag and associated effects at not being native applications.)

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2003
What i meant to say is what sites or sources are you getting your torrents from. I know a good one for music but thats it really. I have been using bitconjeuor but Im going to try out Azureus tonight.

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
tubedogg said:
Are Java-based applications as horrible on Mac as they are on Windows? (Not really talking about the GUI, though all Java apps have horrible GUIs IMO because of what they are, but about the lag and associated effects at not being native applications.)
Are you talking about bit torrents? I don't think Java are not as bad on Mac. Btw, You can use the same standard aqua interface for Java as well in Mac (not the swing classes though).

EDIT: found out that you are talking about Azureus...

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
6914708 said:
What i meant to say is what sites or sources are you getting your torrents from. I know a good one for music but thats it really. I have been using bitconjeuor but Im going to try out Azureus tonight.
Errmm... You know that its against the rules to share or discuss about Where and how to get warez and pirated materials. I'm just checking. I do use bit torrents to download mandrake, red hat so on.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
Where not talking about warez. Im also interested in sharing my music which i produced :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.