Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ssimpsonjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
I have been using a MacBook, AirTunes and an Airport Express quite successfully for while to send music to living room speakers. I just got an iPad a couple weeks ago and have had no pd problem accessing the network for the Internet. BTW an airport extreme is the wireless router. When I go to use AirPlay on the iPad, I can see the Airport Express, and can select it. The music never starts though. I thought perhaps some of the network settings were off, but the network settings on the iPad are identical to those for the MacBook.

Any suggestions?

Ssimpsonjr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Bumping my earlier question. I just updated the firmware on the AE to the most current. That has still not solved the problem. The iPad sees the airport express and allows me to even select it as an output. The music never starts playing from there.

I have no problems playing music through the iTunes on the MacBook that hosts the library. I can also use the remote app to control the MacBook to play music through the AE.

What gives?

milowka

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2011
ipad not playing on express anymore

i would love to know if this issue was resolved as i am having exactly the same issue. Seems to have just appeared however. the music does play for a second or two and then simply stops. Strange as it was previously working great.

i too "have no problems playing music through the iTunes on the MacBook that hosts the library". and "can also use the remote app to control the MacBook to play music through the AE."

it seems only that the connection from the ipad to AE is getting interrupted somehow.

any ideas most welcome.

thanks

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
I had this when they first came out with Airplay. I unplugged the AE and waited for it to get a green light, then booted the iPad. It fixed my problem.

Also, you might need to be on the main network instead of the guest network. I would make sure your iPad chose the correct network, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.