PDA

View Full Version : Will 4gb and Lion questions?

jw3571
Dec 5, 2010, 07:35 PM
I'm curious as to what people's thoughts are regarding ram and the new Lion operating system. Will 4gb be enough ram? I'd hate to buy a MBA and then find 4gb isn't enough.

naujoks
Dec 5, 2010, 07:56 PM
I'm curious as to what people's thoughts are regarding ram and the new Lion operating system. Will 4gb be enough ram? I'd hate to buy a MBA and then find 4gb isn't enough.

TWO GB will be enough.

wordoflife
Dec 5, 2010, 08:04 PM
You should be fine. I doubt they would not support Lion on products that were just released a few years ago. Also, most lower end Macs are shipping with 2GB minimum. Before they shipped with 1GB (which was fine for Leopard) so I think you will be fine.

Zackmd1
Dec 5, 2010, 08:06 PM
TWO GB will be enough.

Exactly! I don' think that apple will showcase lion running on the macbook air if it wouldn't be able to run it! http://www.apple.com/macosx/lion/ look at the pictures.:D

efirmage
Dec 5, 2010, 08:41 PM
Especially with many of the new features being more 'iPad' like, and hopefully more optimization, it should run quite well on lower spec systems.

hcho3
Dec 6, 2010, 12:03 AM
Mac os lion looks like it will need good ram to run. 2 gb should do the job fine, but I recommend 4 gb

rrl
Dec 6, 2010, 12:52 PM
Please, don't get less than 4GB. Think of RAM like a wine glass and you'll always be prepared.

T4R06
Dec 6, 2010, 01:17 PM
Lion should be much faster and efficient than SL..

Remember when SJ introduced lion he also introduced the new MBA. So that means they are aware with the new MBA..

gwsat
Dec 6, 2010, 01:21 PM
I echo the advice you have received here. To summarize: (1) even 2GB of RAM should be enough for you to run your apps as well under Lion as it has been under Snow Leopard; (2) although only the most demanding apps should need 4GB of RAM to run well, you never know what the future will hold, so spend the $100 and get 4GB of RAM. It would be the cheapest insurance you ever bought.

rnelan7
Dec 6, 2010, 01:52 PM
This is good news to read since I just ordered a MBA with only 2gb.