PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take to arrive?

Cerano
Dec 6, 2010, 05:40 AM
Hey guys im gonna place my order tonight

the online apple store says the ultimate MBA 11.6" ships in 2-3 business days but I intend to place my order with a reseller and they say CTOs will take very long 2wks-4wks

What do you think

cili0
Dec 6, 2010, 05:45 AM
i ordered my MBA 13.3'' CTO + 2 adapters displayport/VGA (one for me and one for a friend) on tuesday, shipped on friday, up to now i still have no tracking number (i wonder why), expected arrival 9 December.

so about 10 days if everything goes fine.

Hellhammer
Dec 6, 2010, 05:54 AM
It always takes longer through a reseller. I think Apple's priority #1 is orders through their online store thus orders made by resellers may take longer to be built. That 2-4 weeks is just an estimation, I've heard people having to wait for months to get theirs. Also, resellers tend to know nothing about the schedule so it comes when it comes, or if it comes.

Always buy BTOs straight from Apple unless you want to keep waiting

coast1ja
Dec 6, 2010, 05:57 AM
It always takes longer through a reseller. I think Apple's priority #1 is orders through their online store thus orders made by resellers may take longer to be built. That 2-4 weeks is just an estimation, I've heard people having to wait for months to get theirs. Also, resellers tend to know nothing about the schedule so it comes when it comes, or if it comes.

Always buy BTOs straight from Apple unless you want to keep waiting

I agree, I ordered mine a month ago (november 6th) from the apple online reseller store and it should finally arrive this week.

cili0
Dec 6, 2010, 06:35 AM
i read that the tracking number becomes available once the item reaches Holand, is it true?

Hellhammer
Dec 6, 2010, 06:40 AM
i read that the tracking number becomes available once the item reaches Holand, is it true?

It becomes available when the package is given to the carrier. I got my tracking number when it was still in China

cili0
Dec 6, 2010, 07:24 AM
It becomes available when the package is given to the carrier. I got my tracking number when it was still in China

so it's quite strange that i still don't have mine. Do you suggest to give a call to Apple?

thanks!

Cerano
Dec 6, 2010, 08:46 AM
because i want the ultimate 11.6" but stores here dont stock it... and there isnt even an apple store in the whole country only resellers