Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arc918

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
The OC
Not sure how to best protect my MBA 11.

Perhaps more than one of the above?

How say you?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I prefer sleeve. It's up to your usage though, some people move their MBAs more often and maybe in tough conditions where more protection is needed

Caem

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2008
Sweden
http://www.pelican.com/

1495CC1.jpg

jimboutilier

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2008
Denver
What are your trying to protect it from and how hard are you on your computers?

Most of my notebook computers are like new when I replace them (after 1-3 years) and all I usually do is put them in a basic nylon computer bag or sleeve when transporting them outside. Around home, or hotel, or work I don't usually use a skin or sleeve or case.

I know other folks that tend to quickly end up with dings or scratches if they don't use additional protection. Skins are "always on" and great for protecting against scratches but can be difficult to put on and don't protect against drops or dings. Sleeves are good for scratches but are not always on and usually offer only a little more drop or ding protection. Full cases protect better against drops and dings but add a lot of bulk.

I love the Incipio Orion sleeves for my MBA 13 and hope they come out with one for the 11.6. I tried an SFbags suede sleeve for the 11.6 and while its better than nothing, its only redeeming feature is that its currently available.

Right now just using a very thin and light 13" Incase nylon bag I used to use for my 13" uMB and iPad. Will likely get something a bit smaller when it becomes available.

patricia b

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2010
I'm waiting for my skin to arrive for my 11". I bought it because I think it looks cool, and that's really about it. I also ordered a lightweight sleeve that has a flap that closes because I think it's going to look pretty cool, too. (Will post pics when I get everything.)

I always carry it in my purse or shoulderbag so it has protection that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.