Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreggM3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Atlanta
I have a mid 2009 13inch MBP with the 2.53GHz and a 500gig 7200RPM drive. I also have new 11.6 inch MBA with the 120gig drive. I have to choose one to keep and one to give up. I actually love both but I find myself using the MBA exclusively and even leaving the iPad behind. LOL I have to make a choice and the iPad is already on craigslist. LOL Any suggestions?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
It sounds like you've made your decision based on how you use it. Is it a financial concern? Are you still within your return period on the 11"? How much do you think you can get for your 13"? If storage is a concern, consider a USB drive, though the speeds are a bit slow (we really can use Light Peak when it's available, considering that Apple is opposed to USB 3.0 and eSATA).

psirix

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2009
Detroit, MI
If you find yourself using the MBA and don't need the extra CPU power/screen size for your computing needs, keep the MBA. If you need the extra CPU, storage, and screen size but like the MBA, giving up one or the other is not an option. ;)

arc918

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2010
The OC
I am far from a power user, but I too find my MBP sitting around while I use the MBA 11. I do miss my backlit keyboard especially as my eyes get worse and worse (the fun of hitting your mid 40s).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.