Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mars478

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
NYC, NY
Hey guys. My Trackpad on my second Air (first one replaced due to loud fan and wobbling) is a bit strange. It has "dead spots" where it doesn't register touches. I've tried the other airs in store and they have this issue, but my air sometimes in a place right in the middle of the trackpad, it doesnt seem to register my finger and doesnt move the track pad. It's very frustrating. Any ideas and or other people who have this issue?

TheCableGuy

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2010
I like my new Air -- but, I have to say that the trackpad pretty much sucks. Highlighting, snipping screen shots -- all much more difficult than my other laptop. Working in Excel is a PITA on an Air trackpad.

Moodikar

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dry same temp fingers...

I noticed that sometimes if my fingers are the same or similar temperature as the trackpad, it sometimes does not register. You might be experiencing the same issue at times. Rub you hands together to warm the fingers and try again. Sometimes, this happens if your skin/finger is overly dry type. If it's soft versus dry, there is more friction and/or heat difference. Just a thought.

Mars478

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
NYC, NY
A PRAM reset seems to have improved the responsiveness a bit. Try it.
Hold down CMD+OPT+P+R until the Air chimes twice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.