Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raycon123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
Looking at the top 50 free apps chart these days. Game Giveaway app, Daily App Dream, and of course, FAAD app top the charts. Lets not forget Appshopper. However, how do we know these free apps they promote are any good. Just a few pictures. No gameplay trailers. Don't want to get lame apps.

By the way does anyone think there are just way too many free-app apps?

dtblaze

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
well, of course it is to advertise... i use appshopper (LOVE IT) i hated FAAD and the others.

crazydigger

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2010
Yeah I think there are way too many of those apps too. But its great for app lovers like myself.
To sort out the bad apps, AppChronicles.com got the best of those daily free apps posted on their site, with videos! Appshopper contains way too many lame apps as well.

By the way you can even get premium apps there. They are giving away Chaos Rings, Spiderman Total Mayhem , and Infinty Blade this week.

Last edited:

irwcll94

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2009
Looking at the top 50 free apps chart these days. Game Giveaway app, Daily App Dream, and of course, FAAD app top the charts. Lets not forget Appshopper. However, how do we know these free apps they promote are any good. Just a few pictures. No gameplay trailers. Don't want to get lame apps.

By the way does anyone think there are just way too many free-app apps?

Hey raycon,

I am the owner of Game Giveaway and would like to say that we are just getting started. While the games that we are giving away now are good, we have some great games planned for later this month and for next year. We even have some high quality $5 games set to be given away. We are not like FAAD in the sense that our featured apps are already free and we're not just in it for the money (FAAD charges developers thousands to be featured, 99% of the time, if the developer has the money, it doesn't matter what the app is. All of ours must go through a quality check involving us playing the game for hours ;)

We actually go out to developers, based on the users wishes, and beg them to make their games free.

-William

gadzooksJR

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2011
Is Game Giveaway still around? It seems to have disappeared from the App Store. Anyways, here's a top 10 list of free app apps - http://www.freeappapps.com

free app apps... LOL what's next? :) Maybe they'll come out with a free app apps app! :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.