PDA

View Full Version : ThreeTen released: first Mac download client for allofmp3.co...

MacBytes
Jan 20, 2005, 12:33 PM
Category: Tunes
Link: ThreeTen released: first Mac download client for allofmp3.com (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20050120133348)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

SiliconAddict
Jan 20, 2005, 05:56 PM
thanks. I was wondering about that. Now when I get my mini I can download with ease. :D

narco
Jan 20, 2005, 06:55 PM
Good news, but may be a little late. I just read on ipodlounge that the new iPod shuffle may not play AAC songs made with programs other than iTunes. I've spent a lot of money on allofmp3.com, so that would be a total bummer.

Fishes,
narco.

DanTekGeek
Jan 20, 2005, 07:00 PM
wheeee! yay! Ive been waiting for so long!

gbruner
Jan 20, 2005, 09:19 PM
What's anyone's experience with allofmp3.com? I don't want to give my credit card number if they're not legit. I've never heard of them but would love to get some of the music. Cool stuff that iTunes doesn't have. I guess I'll just download mp3s just to stay compatible for sure.

Einherjar
Jan 21, 2005, 02:53 AM
What's anyone's experience with allofmp3.com? I don't want to give my credit card number if they're not legit. I've never heard of them but would love to get some of the music. Cool stuff that iTunes doesn't have. I guess I'll just download mp3s just to stay compatible for sure.

Good site, I've spent about 40 bucks there. I've been heavy on the activity there recently, and suddenly, wow, announcement of a client for the Mac for managing the downloads, finally! (EDIT: Not to say that I've only used it recently--I've been using it for the past 8 months or so, and it's been fantastic all the way)

I hope it doesn't suck, but yeah--the downside to using the site on the Mac is that you have to download each song individually, but, it's all good otherwise (well, their tagging sucks, but that's really trivial compared to getting songs for 2 cents per meg and encoded however you want, including up to the uncompressed CD Audio Track in many cases...).

Hopefully this client will clear things up, I shall try it soon.

dejo
Jan 21, 2005, 03:24 AM
What's anyone's experience with allofmp3.com? I don't want to give my credit card number if they're not legit.

Although I haven't heard of any stories of improper credit card account use on their part, the question of their legitimacy is quite controversial. Just Google this topic and see.

narco
Jan 21, 2005, 12:00 PM

I was skeptical at first, mostly because it is a Russian site. Nothing against Russians, but I'm cautious when giving my credit card to some US businesses, so signing up with allofmp3.com seemed like a big no-no.

But after friends told me about their experiences with the site, I decided to give it a go. I've been using it for about a year, and have 1,500 songs (5GB) which only cost about $60 total. Then again, that was before the 1Ę increase, so just cut those figures in half but leave the $60 price tag.

If you're interested, I'd give it a shot. Most credit card companies have fraud protection, and being a Russian site, that shouldn't be a hard thing to prove if they did do something fishy.

Fishes,
narco.

Chimera
Jan 21, 2005, 12:13 PM
I've been using allofmp3 for about a year and spent almost $30, I used my paypal account to transfer funds and there has never been a problem.

Recently heard about the Shuffles not being able to play some AAC files so I have been buying many legit albums recently (15 this month!) but it will take alot of money to flush out all of the site's songs so I hope my future 1gb Shuffle will be able to play them. Life is hard on a students budget . :p

slipper
Jan 21, 2005, 12:31 PM
I've spent a lot of money on allofmp3.com, so that would be a total bummer.
Thats totally impossible to spend 'lots' of money on allofmp3.com. :rolleyes:

killmoms
Jan 21, 2005, 03:42 PM
Thats totally impossible to spend 'lots' of money on allofmp3.com. :rolleyes:
Unless you're getting LOTS of music. I have just under 5GB worth of stuff from allofmp3, but I don't have an iPod shuffle, so that's no biggie for me. I'd like to see someone who gets one do some independent verification on thisówill files from allofmp3 play on the shuffle or not? It seems Apple's just saying it's not supported, not that it plain won't work outright.

Chimera
Jan 25, 2005, 09:18 AM
News update for you guys: I've just got my 1gb iPod shuffle (which is great!) and the allofmp3 aac files do work on it. Good news for all the people who have bought alot of music from them. I'm going to keep up my new habit of actually buying cds again though because I've realised how cool it is to have a physical music collection.

Frank