Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
First off, I LOVE THE CINEMA DISPLAY. I think it projects beautifully. I go the The Art Institute of Pittsburgh and my school has probably 100+ of the things, equipped with MacPros. Just a couple of questions for the people who own them, before I shell off $900 for a damn monitor :)

1.) What is your overall experience with the monitor?

2.) How long have you had yours? What is the longevity of these monitors?

3.) Is the viewing angle really 178 degrees like apple states?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
you really need to be able to control reflections. I have a 27 inch iMac. really wonderful but I am able to fully darken the room and have only a small back light on to the right rear of the screen. if you can not manage lighting in the room it makes a lot of reflections.

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The lighting in my current place isn't too crazy. It's mostly dim as I like to have a darker room when I'm surfing or watching tv. Drives my girlfriend crazy, but she'll get over it. As for the daytime, we have five 8 ft windows in our apartment...3 in the living room and 2 in the 1 bedroom, so the daylight would probably create some glares, but that's nothing blinds can't fix....

Andreas Grauel

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2010
Bonn, Germany
I can just say it is awesome! At work I am working with an 30" Apple Cinema Display and at home with an 27". I love the 27" display and if you have glare problems just higher the brightness and it should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.