Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amholl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Boston
Hi guys,
I have an HP Deskjet 930c. It is connected to my dell(Sorry Guys, need to play Doom III ) and I unplug it and plug it intomy iBook every time i print off it. Could I plug it in to my Airport Extreme and print wirelessly with my iBook and use the Paralell port on the Dell at the same time?

Thanks!

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I'm say with every confidence that you can NOT use both parallel and usb ports at the same time. What would be best is to just hook up the printer to the AE and print over the network from both computers assuming they are both on the network.

rmp

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2004
More USB questions

I'm trying to connect my Powerbook to my old Canon BJC-250 printer and having some driver issues. I purchased a parallel port to USB connector cable but unfortunately the Driver software is provided on a mini-cd that does not fit into the powerbook self-load CD drive. I visited the Canon site – no help there. Where can I download the driver for my IEEE 1284 cable? Is this a mission without worth?

Any help would be great!

RMP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.