PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had these problems with their Rev A G5s?

ZildjianKX
Jan 20, 2005, 04:31 PM
I have a 1.8 GHz SP Rev A. G5 (I know I got screwed)...

Anyways, the fans inside have been making this weird oscillating noise. Basically when it's idle the fan makes a normal sound, but gets quite every seconds. The fact that the sound isn't constant is starting to give me a headache. Do you think this is something I could get fixed under applecare?

Second, every once in awhile the speakers make a beeping sound... I'm thinking it has something to do with the powersupply for some reason...

drlunanerd
Jan 20, 2005, 06:09 PM
I'm pretty sure these are known issues (power supply problems ring a bell) so I'm certain it can be fixed under warranty.

I don't think you got screwed getting a Rev A 1.8GHz - I thought these are superior in some ways to the later lower-spec machines (e.g. PCI-X etc.)? Or do you mean when they replaced it with the dual 1.8? Hardware will always get updated so you pays yer money...!

ZildjianKX
Jan 20, 2005, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure these are known issues (power supply problems ring a bell) so I'm certain it can be fixed under warranty.

I don't think you got screwed getting a Rev A 1.8GHz - I thought these are superior in some ways to the later lower-spec machines (e.g. PCI-X etc.)? Or do you mean when they replaced it with the dual 1.8? Hardware will always get updated so you pays yer money...!

Thanks for the response. I meant I got screwed since they kept the SP 1.8 model out for 10 weeks.