Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smacrom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
Well, I've got a PixelSkin HD for the iPhone 4. Unfortunately, it's from that batch with a good camera cutout but incredibly stiff volume/power buttons.

I read somewhere around here that I can use a knife to cut them slightly, can someone show me better where to do that? I may mess it up or something.
And, no, and can't get a replacement right now.

Thanks a lot.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
If the buttons are that much of an issue, I would return the case and get a different one myself.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Well, I've got a PixelSkin HD for the iPhone 4. Unfortunately, it's from that batch with a good camera cutout but incredibly stiff volume/power buttons.

I read somewhere around here that I can use a knife to cut them slightly, can someone show me better where to do that? I may mess it up or something.

Thanks a lot.

Speck will swap it, drop them an email.

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
For the power button cut along the long sides. I just stuck a small kitchen knife in there carefully. Leave it uncut on the short sides. Cut it right next to the raised button, dont leave any space. Pretty simple. Worked well.

wirelessmacuser

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2009
Planet.Earth

Thanks a lot.

I had the same problem, they sent a replacement overnight, but it was no better.

So I exchanged it for a standard Pixel Skin. It's far better. Great fit, premium rubber that doesn't pickup pocket lint like silicon cases do. I'm very happy.

http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone/pixelskin-1401.html

Sir Sensei

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2010
Like everyone said, email their customer service and they'll probably replace it for you. They did request pictures of the case, but I didn't have to send it in or anything. They offered to replace it with any of their other cases, but I ended up going with the blue version of the Pixelskin HD. Which has the new camera cutout along with the same (good) buttons found on the first version of the case.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Like everyone said, email their customer service and they'll probably replace it for you. They did request pictures of the case, but I didn't have to send it in or anything. They offered to replace it with any of their other cases, but I ended up going with the blue version of the Pixelskin HD. Which has the new camera cutout along with the same (good) buttons found on the first version of the case.

Incorrect. I just sent in pics and they requested a receipt and since I can't find it I have send my case to be replaced.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
I just sent pics and they replaced it. They did ask if it was from the Apple case programme.

The new revised case i have is great. I have tried SO many cases but after 3 months with my HD i have to say i dont think there is a better budget case out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.