PDA

View Full Version : Holy eMacs for sale batman...

nospeed411
Dec 9, 2010, 06:04 AM
Figured I would pass this along. I was browsing craigs this morning and found the holy grail of eMacs...this guy must have a 100 of em.
http://york.craigslist.org/sys/2101809001.html

I am gonna give em a call a little later and go pick up a few for giggles. He also has a few clamshell Ibooks for 25 bucks each and they all work. So if you are in the Southern PA/Northern MD are I think this may be of interest.

PS anyone tells my wife I will hurt you:D

occams razor
Dec 9, 2010, 06:35 AM
Hot damn makes me wish I was in the east coast right now. If I were him I would cluster all them and start folding@home! Could you imagine the score you would get everyday?!

Transporteur
Dec 9, 2010, 07:21 AM
Could you imagine the score you would get everyday?!

Yes. Probably less than a single Mac Pro, but with the power consumption of 200 Pro's. Totally worth it! :rolleyes:

tom vilsack
Dec 9, 2010, 05:47 PM
yes hello aircanada i need a flight to newyork asap!!!!

humm wonder what it would cost to ship a clamshell to vancouver...hint hint

nospeed411
Dec 9, 2010, 10:39 PM
I would be more than willing to go pick one up and ship it to you...hit me up on PM if I can help ya out.

viperGTS
Dec 9, 2010, 11:17 PM
i would want one but i wouldnt know what to do with it, run Mac OS 9 apps?
oh the childhood memories xD

blueroom
Dec 9, 2010, 11:31 PM
Those aren't eMacs, those are Alien facehugger eggs. Be afraid!
http://images.craigslist.org/3n63ka3pe5W15X45R4ac8df5d9481d0e41091.jpg

MacHamster68
Dec 10, 2010, 02:03 AM
wow i only have 3 of them (but 1.42's), but would love to make a eMac wall :D
who cares about power consumption if you got fun with Mac's :confused:

the easiest way to safe energy is to switch off the computer if you are concerned about your electricity bill

Str8edgepunker
Dec 10, 2010, 09:46 AM
Oh heck, if only they were iMacs...

SkippyThorson
Dec 10, 2010, 11:37 AM
He also has a few clamshell Ibooks for 25 bucks each and they all work.

I was definitely going to ask if you could snap me up a clamshell iBook, but I texted him, and he quoted me $100 for one. :eek:

I would love to pick up an iBook for a relative of mine that's not necessarily tech savvy, but definitely interested in learning. A fun little simple laptop would be just what she'd like, but not a 10 year old one for $100.

If you can get one with the Charger and Wifi for $25, please, do let me know. :)

nospeed411
Dec 12, 2010, 05:40 AM
I am trying to get a hold of him today...he had an ad on there for 4 of em for 100 bucks picked up.

OrangeSVTguy
Dec 12, 2010, 09:10 AM
Will be going to DC in a few weeks so I may have to make a little detour :D I wonder how many I can fit in my car? lol.

SkippyThorson
Dec 12, 2010, 11:56 AM
I am trying to get a hold of him today...he had an ad on there for 4 of em for 100 bucks picked up.

I would only shell out the $100 for four if I knew I could sell the other three at a profit. I really know I'd only want to give one as a gift. If I could sell the other three to get my total purchase price back I'd do it. Anyone follow Craigslist? Anyone still want these things other than me? :p

NoSpeed411, if you can just get one, please snag it up! I don't care what color as long as it works fine! :) However, if he really wants to sell the four, what would you guesstimate shipping would be to Utica NY? Not positive I'd want all four...