Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
This, is your first post?

You must be a publicist. :p

A publicist would have been much more descriptive... :)

Just a long time lurker who's converting from PCs... Started with an iPhone two years ago, another iPhone for my wife a year ago, then another iPhone for the oldest teenager (he paid for it), then an iPad as a emergency back up for a broken Sony Vaio Z this spring, then a MBP i7 after giving up on the Vaio Z, an iMac for the parents this Christmas...

Got sucked in and thought this a great use of the iPad and the iPhone (and it perhaps made me feel like all the recent Apple purchases were just that smarter)!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2010
Edit: I have now deigned to watch the link. I am unimpressed, from a musical standpoint. Sorry.

Perhaps you should have said, "Bah humbug!"

I chose the title more because of the clever use of iPad and iPhone as opposed the music...

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
I loved it!

Agreed, pretty silly from a musical standpoint, but clearly tongue-in-cheek and lots of fun.

I laughed when I saw the iPad tambourine.

I laughed even harder at the Autotune singer.

Then I saw the slap rattle and I cracked up.

I want those apps! :D

AllieNeko

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
North Point is a very Mac-heavy church. North Point's in house tech team are the guys who started Renewed Vision, the company that makes ProPresenter, ProVideoPlayer, and ProVideoSync. AMAZING presentation tools not just for church environments but wonderful for concerts and even other spaces. Their products allow presentation that used to require expensive hardware to be done on off-the-shelf Macs and consumer level video hardware such as Matrox's Triple Head2Go products. Amazing stuff. I've worked with it for a few years, have no financial connection to the company but I love what they're doing - http://propresenter.com

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Wow, I didn't know that... but that certainly makes sense.

My church uses ProPresenter and we love it. We use it to project song lyrics, announcements, speaker slides, slide shows, video clips, etc. and they appear elegantly and smoothly. I've used ProPresenter at training seminars and even social events where we just needed a simple slideshow running. It's a great program. Not cheap by any means, but it does a great job.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
very cool.:)
is it one application that does multiple instruments or all independent applications?

They look like independent applications, at least some of them.

The "Feliz Navidad" singing robot synth is "BeBot" ($1.99, and a very entertaining download I might add :D )

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
I enjoyed the novelty of that but the performance aspect was lacking.:p

When someone can figure out how to really look like they're jamming playing an iPhone, they'll be superstars!

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
That's pretty cool! However, I wouldn't pay money to attend that concert; I'd rather go to A Day to Remember concert instead. Good thing we have YouTube for this type of stuff though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.