Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davecazz

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
San Francisco, Ca
Ok, just woke up from a 4 day coma. We submitted all our projects to Apple and now it's just a waiting game, we hope that all our approvals will come by the 20th of December.

To recap, here are all the Pocket God projects that have been completed in the last month.

Pocket God Episode 36: Konkey Dong - submitted Dec 6th
Pocket God Journey to Uranus for iPad - submitted Dec 1st
Pocket God Facebook - Closed Beta, Open Beta starts next week
Pocket God Android - out now, we made it up to 18 on the charts
Pocket God Comics issues 4 and 5 - submitted Dec 3rd
Pocket God WM7 - waiting in Microsoft's hands
Pocket God PVC Figures - on sale end of next week

It feels like I'm missing something but most likely I'm just missing sleep.

Soooo.... Konkey Dong, this is the last part of the Ape Mountain Trilogy. We added an Ape Idol next to the Banana Tree and if you stick a Pygmy in it, an Ape kidnaps him and causes a second pygmy to try and rescue him via the game. Konkey Dong is the most ambitious game that we've done so far, we have 5 different levels and the game play gets harder the farther you get. I'm pretty proud of the work that we've done in the week before finishing it, we really added a lot of polish and I think it feels pretty good.

The skin pack for this update is the Japanese Skin Pack, we have a lot of Japanese themed items like a Karate Doodler, a balled up sumo meteor, and a sushi fish. I think it came out really well.

We also added a free "Fishmas" skin pack for all users. This is in honor of a new animated short we are preparing for release in the next week or so. The free skin pack includes a new dance that uses music from the animation and 3 other Fishmas elements. Btw, we added the free pack in response to everyone's comments.

Pocket God Journey to Uranus looks awesome. We added a ton of polish and the games are incredible. ****** in Time (the tempest clone) looks the best, we added 25 levels and it feels really good to play. The Space sandbox area turned out really great, there is a alien that flies though space trying to capture your pygmies from you (this is how you trigger the game). We also have Dragon's on Uranus (Joust clone) and Volcano Blast which has a really nice feeling throw mechanic. you really feel like you are tossing the pygmy in the Volcano and you can even bounce the pygmy off the rim and into the Volcano. The first update is being planned right now, we will probably add more sandbox features to earth and Uranus, and then we will add a new planet and mini game.

BTW, it's way too hard to keep track of multiple SOTI's I might change this later but the Pocket God SOTI is the main one that will contain news about all the projects.

I'll do a quick rundown of all the other projects.

The first story arc of the comic is done, but we are already planning the next 25 issues. The Holiday Issue contains events that will affect the Pygmies well into the next two years.

Frima is starting to work on the first update to pocket god Facebook. They are working hard to give you the ability to customize your pygmies (hair, skirt, skin color) in January and right before the holidays we will be starting to add more dances, will have a really cool holiday function that is on par with double rainbow, and 2 more classic god powers.

We are also going to be releasing a new android update right before the holidays that includes double rainbow, and the long term plan is that Android will only trail behind the iOS Pocket God by no more than a week.

Finally, keep an eye on the blog if you are interested in the PVC figures, we only have 300 to sell and it's first come first serve. We are trying to get the store up and ready by end of next week but our main priority will be the main Pocket God projects.

KonkeyDong512x512.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.