Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sciuro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2010
I have just received the PS Leather Folio case... and now I plan to return it :(

http://www.powersupportusa.com/catalog/product/view/id/387/s/leather-folio/category/37/

I was after it since I really liked the blue color and wanted a real leather case. Well, it's leather and the blue color is gorgeous. I think the overall quality is very good, the suede-like inside surface looks a little cheap but is very nice to touch, the stitching is fine, the plastic corners seem to hold the iPad very well.

It was also nice to get it for 39.95 as they had some kind of promotion - now it's 59.95!

Unfortunately, there's a "but". The cover is too narrow, lacking just about 1/4'', so the edge of the iPad (not only the silver bezel, but the black frame as well) is exposed. I know that in my bag that's a call for trouble :(

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I hoped that my case was just a defective one, so I emailed PS and explained the issue with photos etc. I have to say that their customer support is not the best one I've seen. They are not picking the phone, they are not answering the voice messages, they are not sending an order confirmation until the item you requested is shipped. As a reply to my long email with pictures I got a standard answer with a copypaste from their website return policy, suggesting that I send them the FILM (they are mostly famous for screen protectors, I guess) back. I had to email again saying "PLEASE READ THIS EMAIL MORE CAREFULLY!" before I got a real response.

It was:
"Unfortunately, the photos you provided show the way our folio fits the iPad. If you would like to return your iPod Leather Folio, please return it to the address below. Please include a note indicating you would like a refund and your order number. Your order will be refunded for the cost of the product."

I am very disappointed :( I really liked the case color and material, and I don't want to pay double shipping :( but this case is useless for me. I wonder if yoobao slim cases have the same issue, but if not, I'll get one, probably.

As for the PS case, I wonder if I should sell it on Ebay or elsewhere... I can sell it for shipping+cost that I paid (~$45) and that would still be cheaper than the official price (~65). It may be too much hassle although.

Last edited:

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Wow I'm glad I read your post. I too like the functional style of the Power Support cases and really liked that they came in some different colors. I knew they had quality issues with their cases and sent several e-mails to them to see if the quality problems have been resolved. Like you, I got the standard e-mail that didn't ever answer my question. I'm thankful that I didn't purchase from them as I would not have been happy with with or kept a case that didn't fit properly.

I have the Yoobao slim which is the same style in both the brown and the black. I've been using them for a few months with no issues. These cases both fit the iPad as they were intended. The leather comes nicely to the edge and does not show the gap like your PS case.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
Thanks for the feedback. I was previously interested in this case but agree, this case is useless. Hopefully you receive your refund promptly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.