PDA

View Full Version : Stand for iMac G5

Le Big Mac
Jan 21, 2005, 02:09 PM
I'd like to raise the height of my iMac with something more stylish than phone books. Any stands out there that look decent? Something adjustable would be even better.

No need to discuss VESA mounts and arms--I know of them, but they're a bit spendy for what I need.

mrgreen4242
Jan 21, 2005, 02:22 PM
I'd like to raise the height of my iMac with something more stylish than phone books. Any stands out there that look decent? Something adjustable would be even better.

No need to discuss VESA mounts and arms--I know of them, but they're a bit spendy for what I need.

Hm, have you looked around for a UPS that is the right size/shape? ALl the ones I'm familiar with are kinda brick shaped, but I would bet someone makes one that is flat and wide so it could be used as a monitor stand (or in this case, a whole computer stand).

Would be useful in more than one way then!

Rob

mrgreen4242
Jan 21, 2005, 02:28 PM
Ok, found one... a little pricey, but not too bad... I am sure there are more like this if it's an option you'd like to consider...

http://www.provantage.com/buy-7TRPL18J-internet-office-500-lp-console-standby-17min-half-6-outlet-w-tel-tripp-lite-ups-tm500-shopping.htm

On a related note, I wonder why Apple doesn't market UPS's that are styled like their computers? Seems like it would be a big moeny maker.

Rob