Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NatronB

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2002
Looking to upgrade my Mac Mini Core Solo with a new processor and more RAM over Christmastime. Going to get my RAM through Crucial, but was wondering where a good source for a Intel Core2Duo T7200 might be. Would prefer not to go through eBay but can't find one for a decent price (around $100). Any thoughts?

Also, is there a model number associated with the processor with pins on it?

Thanks,

-N

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
Looking to upgrade my Mac Mini Core Solo with a new processor and more RAM over Christmastime. Going to get my RAM through Crucial, but was wondering where a good source for a Intel Core2Duo T7200 might be. Would prefer not to go through eBay but can't find one for a decent price (around $100). Any thoughts?

Also, is there a model number associated with the processor with pins on it?

Thanks,

-N

I found mine for that upgrade on craigslist, for ~$40 (had been pulled from an HP laptop). Go that route though and you have no recourse if the proc is dead, them's the breaks, mine works but YMMV.

Just make sure it's a socket M 667MHz bus proc, - the T7200 is, and it's the one in my mini now if you're looking for confirmation that itll work.

Make sure you get some good thermal paste btw for when you do the upgrade, and be careful of the CPU cooler clips, they're delicate!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.