Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jaxe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Is there an app that lets you use the ipad as a secondary display that's compatible with Windows? (Windows 7 64bit specifically.)

Preferably one were you can also use the touch input on the ipad, eg if I drag the photoshop toolbar over to the ipad I can select tools just by tapping them.

I've tried searching but they all seem to either have terrible reviews/ratings or don't have the touch input.

Any recommendations?

Jaxe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Nothing then?

Kinda surprised because I would think a decent app like this would sell really well.

ZilogZ80

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010
Air Display is the app I use for that purpose. The picture quality is sometimes not great (I guess the image is compressed) but the refresh rate is decent. Fine for tool palettes.

Touch control works great. You can kind of use it as a drawing tablet, although due to the nature of the iPads touchscreen it will never be as good as a dedicated tablet e.g. Cintiq.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
The problem with Air Display is that it disables Aero graphics when used. Not only does this make the Windows 7 GUI far less usable, but I've had some programs whose interface just goes to hell when using Air Display. As someone on the road all the time with my Windows laptop and iPad, I had great hope for this app, but it has not delivered.

ZilogZ80

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010
The problem with Air Display is that it disables Aero graphics when used. Not only does this make the Windows 7 GUI far less usable, but I've had some programs whose interface just goes to hell when using Air Display. As someone on the road all the time with my Windows laptop and iPad, I had great hope for this app, but it has not delivered.

Fair enough, I have not seen it used under Windows 7. Works fine for OSX and XP thoiugh (not that this helps OP)!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.