Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jim2010

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada
Inexpert opinion. I began work on three calendars using iphoto 09, which really seems to be an upgrade to '08. Apple seems to have designed these new numbers to confuse the masses with iphoto '11 having something to do with '09. Anyway, all of a sudden I lost the calendar icon and my calendar function was gone. I stumbled through so-called help routines. Found one or two others stumbling with me.

I tried to re-install '08 from my original disks, but message appeared saying I might not be able to retrieve items from my library. It would appear my conscientious efforts to remain current had created revisions in my library appropriate to iphoto '11. So I went out this morning and bought '11. New interface somewhat intuitive, and finished calendars.

Suggestion for those trying to create calendars for Christmas using old versions of iPhoto. Buy '11. Getting a bit tired myself of the way Apple randomly creates issues for users of its software with so little help available on their web site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.