PDA

View Full Version : What a night

BWhaler
Jan 22, 2005, 06:02 AM
For your amusement...

Despite having an irrational desire for the mini, I have fought off the urge to buy one ever since the keynote since I really don't need another Mac.

I tried to convince myself, but luckily my wiser instincts ruled the day. Until this evening.

After spending the night at my buddies who just got his mini and screwing around with it on a plasma tv using picture in picture with the mini and the hoops games, I finally cracked and bought one.

Sure I felt frivolous.

And then, at about 3:15am after we had watched 1/2 of the first season of 24, my buddy loses a bet to me--a 24 related bet--for my new mini.

So tonight, I picked up a new mini for free. All the pleasure and non of the guilt.

I only wish I had gotten the gig of memory now. :)

Chip NoVaMac
Jan 22, 2005, 06:39 AM
Congrats! Well maybe you can modify the order and get the 1gb RAM on your own dime.

Wish I had friends likes yours. :D

munkle
Jan 22, 2005, 06:41 AM
and I normally just bet pints with my friends! :p

Thomas Veil
Jan 22, 2005, 07:10 AM
This thread give me ideas....

(looks around for a sucker....)

virividox
Jan 22, 2005, 07:12 AM
high roller!!!

munkle
Jan 22, 2005, 07:20 AM
Should have gone double or quits for a 30" monitor ;) :p

Chip NoVaMac
Jan 22, 2005, 07:47 AM
So what was your payout if you had lost?

timnosenzo
Jan 22, 2005, 08:12 AM
This thread give me ideas....

(looks around for a sucker....)
haha, no kidding! :D

BWhaler
Jan 23, 2005, 12:54 AM
Should have gone double or quits for a 30" monitor ;) :p

On your suggestion, I offered that bet to him, and he said he didn't have the guts.

BWhaler
Jan 23, 2005, 01:02 AM
So what was your payout if you had lost?

The funny thing about the bet--something my buddy has complained about all afternoon--was I didn't lose anything if I lost the bet.

He basically bet me that I couldn't guess who killed Jack's wife in Season 1--you need to be a 24 viewer to understand this.

Because it was almost 4 in the morning and I was tired, when the next character came on the screen, I said, "It's her," obviously having no idea or not even thinking about it. He asked me I was sure and if I wanted to think about it more, but that "tell" gave his hand away. I said, "no, Regis, that is my final answer," and my buddy yelled a one word profanity which wouldn't pass the filter her at Macrumors.

Yeah, we gamble too much, I admit. But this was far from our craziest bet.

Anyway, I woke up in the best mood today. I can't wait for it to come.