PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for the Verizon iPhone "Right after Christmas"

Kblakeshot
Dec 14, 2010, 08:34 AM
Great news to wake up to! Well, great "rumor" to wake up to...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/A-rumour-states-Verizon-is-set-to-announce-and-launch-the-first-LTE-iPhone-right-after-Christmas_id15320

LSUtigers03
Dec 14, 2010, 08:35 AM
Wow this is the first I've heard of a Verizon iPhone. Why aren't more people talking about this?

Darthdingo
Dec 14, 2010, 08:41 AM
One word I see a lot in this article are "rumour". And this is total BS, "Big Red is set to market the handset as "the only LTE iPhone" No way Apple is going to release an LTE iPhone right now, even Verizon won't have it fully operational around the whole country until 2012, and ATT is even further behind that schedule. Apple is not going to be a beta tester for brand new network technology, that's not their style. Unless they make it like the EVO 4G, where is can do both 3G and 4G, but that makes it a more complicated device.

Is Verizon getting the iPhone ? Sure, I guess, but who really cares until it is 110% official, and for sale at the Verizon store, until then it is nothing more than rumors and maybes.

And in reality, Verizon will just be selling an exact iPhone 4 replica, except working on the CDMA network. Apple doesn't want to piss off the millions on ATT that quick, to allow Verizon to sell a better iPhone 4.5 with cooler features and better device.

Or we might just get an announcement from Verizon next month, saying they will be getting the all new iPhone5 in June ? But I think they will get the exact same iPhone4, just working on their band.

Darthdingo
Dec 14, 2010, 08:47 AM
And this line " Device has been "100% cooked for quite a while" and already shipping in bulk to Verizon warehouses "

I would think there would be leaks or spy pic's released on the net, proving this. I mean I would think some UPS driver or forklift driver would snap a secret photo to prove this.

Kblakeshot
Dec 14, 2010, 08:54 AM
One word I see a lot in this article are "rumour". And this is total BS, "Big Red is set to market the handset as "the only LTE iPhone" No way Apple is going to release an LTE iPhone right now, even Verizon won't have it fully operational around the whole country until 2012, and ATT is even further behind that schedule. Apple is not going to be a beta tester for brand new network technology, that's not their style. Unless they make it like the EVO 4G, where is can do both 3G and 4G, but that makes it a more complicated device.

Is Verizon getting the iPhone ? Sure, I guess, but who really cares until it is 110% official, and for sale at the Verizon store, until then it is nothing more than rumors and maybes.

And in reality, Verizon will just be selling an exact iPhone 4 replica, except working on the CDMA network. Apple doesn't want to piss off the millions on ATT that quick, to allow Verizon to sell a better iPhone 4.5 with cooler features and better device.

Or we might just get an announcement from Verizon next month, saying they will be getting the all new iPhone5 in June ? But I think they will get the exact same iPhone4, just working on their band.

Why does everyone make this same weak point. Why wouldnt they put the LTE chip in the phone if they can. Even if its not going to be fully ready until 2012! LTE ready and LTE Only are two TOTALLY different situations.

Even if you dont put the LTE chip to use, why in the world would you not want it in the phone for the future when it will work great? Taking less for no reason?

alent1234
Dec 14, 2010, 09:21 AM

LTE is just an updated version of the HSPA/HSPA+/WCDMA that att and t-mo use. it's not 4G and it's not some super new tech. pretty sure you can build an LTE iphone and the chips will work just fine on HSPA/UMTS networks

Kblakeshot
Dec 14, 2010, 09:29 AM
LTE is just an updated version of the HSPA/HSPA+/WCDMA that att and t-mo use. it's not 4G and it's not some super new tech. pretty sure you can build an LTE iphone and the chips will work just fine on HSPA/UMTS networks

Finally someone else on these boards understands what is going on and not just flapping their gums.

Everyone that already has there AT&T iPhones just throw salt in the water, but for the people waiting for the Verizon iPhone this kind of news is exciting.

Kblakeshot
Dec 14, 2010, 09:39 AM
How is it more exciting than the other rumors that come out daily?

People is all the sarcasm needed? You read over this new "rumor" info and you be the judge of why people waiting on the Verizon iPhone would think this is more exciting.

Your more than likely sitting at home/work with an AT&T iPhone, commenting just to be the downer..

Mliii
Dec 14, 2010, 09:56 AM
People is all the sarcasm needed? You read over this new "rumor" info and you be the judge of why people waiting on the Verizon iPhone would think this is more exciting.

Your more than likely sitting at home/work with an AT&T iPhone, commenting just to be the downer..

Honestly, I don't think it's that at all. It's just that these rumor boards have been filled with 'A Verizon iPhone is imminent' threads since, well, since the iPhone first came out.
And every time someone at Verizon belches, it's a sure sign that the Verizon iPhone is about to be released. (my all time favorite was that the colors used in the ads for the iPad were a sure sign that Verizon was going to get the iPhone because the ad used red and mentioned more things to come!)
Personally, I don't care if/when/whether Verizon or T-Mobile or anyone else gets the iPhone. And I don't have an axe to grind with Verizon or AT&T or T-Mobile. They all have their plusses and minuses, and they are all out to take as much money from you as a consumer as they possibly can while giving you as little as possible.
But competition is a good thing, so to the degree that Verizon getting an iPhone forces AT&T to offer more or cheaper or better, then I'm all for it. I don't think most of the people commenting here are trying to 'be the downer'. We've just seen this dance before...

Carlanga
Dec 14, 2010, 10:32 AM
article: "To be honest, we can't verify the information"
this is a rumor "article" of a rumor that can't be verified enough said...

ucfgrad93
Dec 14, 2010, 11:15 AM
Honestly, I don't think it's that at all. It's just that these rumor boards have been filled with 'A Verizon iPhone is imminent' threads since, well, since the iPhone first came out.
And every time someone at Verizon belches, it's a sure sign that the Verizon iPhone is about to be released.

Agreed. I swear some people would believe that their neighbor's dog crapping on their lawn is a sure sign the iPhone is coming to Verizon.:rolleyes:

MacDawg
Dec 14, 2010, 11:22 AM
Sorry, but after giving this thread some time, it doesn't appear it is going to make it over the "we don't need another Verizon iPhone thread" hump