Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apolloa

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Well, I just placed my order for an OEM copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to run via bootcamp and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what settings I can expect to set Crysis to on my machine in my sig? And how much better will Starcraft 2 run in it compared to OSX?
Also does Windows 7 recognise and work with my hardware better like the turbo boost etc compared to my current 32 bit version of XP Pro?

Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I ran Crysis under Vista last year and it was just fine. I imagine 7 will be better (I know this isn't usually the case with Windows but 7 is much better optimised than Vista). It'll be fine!
I played it on a weaker, older system to yours and I played through on normal settings. Warhead was on high, but that's much more optimised compared to Crysis.

Today's post was brought to you by the word "optimise".

apolloa

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I ran Crysis under Vista last year and it was just fine. I imagine 7 will be better (I know this isn't usually the case with Windows but 7 is much better optimised than Vista). It'll be fine!
I played it on a weaker, older system to yours and I played through on normal settings. Warhead was on high, but that's much more optimised compared to Crysis.

Today's post was brought to you by the word "optimise".

Thanks buddy. Will I be able to have some dx 10 effects and have a half decent frame rate like 30? Not necessarily at the native res.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.