Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jooles

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Just a random thought: combining the best of the best (in regards to all the cases out there)

Here's what I want from my perfect custom personal case:
1. external battery (I dont need to tell you how many of these cases are)
2. imbedded IR remote : http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/15/surc-ir-embedded-case-converts-iphone-into-a-universal-learnin/ : Saw this this morning and really liked the idea! Can be used with ANYTHING that uses IR!
3. a "kick stand"
4. a bezel, so the case doesn't sit on the glass
5. contact charging (like those duracel and power mat cases)
6. be compatible with 3rd party sync cables and headphones
7. slide easily into pockets (no sticky rubber! on the outside anyway)
8. looks minimal, generally pleasing to look at
9. comes in colours, of course
10. DOES NOT F UP THE ANTENNA

Your thoughts my friends?

BigQid

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
I had a similar thought a couple days ago. I'm surprised the case industry hasn't tried to capitalize on the almost limitless potential of what a case could be. I want the best case that is available. The most important thing is that it protects the phone as much as possible from impacts and scratches. Ideally, I would want something like an Otterbox Defender. I'm not sure how a phone could be protected from water since you can only cover the microphone and speakers so much, but that has to be worth at least an extra $15-$20.
As far as additional tech, a battery extender, charging via powermat, an RFID blaster would make the case worth $100-ish. Your whole list seems pretty good. If this is a survey to figure out if there are customers for high function iphone cases, there is at least one.

Last edited:

JASApplications

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2010
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Just a random thought: combining the best of the best (in regards to all the cases out there)

Here's what I want from my perfect custom personal case:
1. external battery (I dont need to tell you how many of these cases are)
2. imbedded IR remote : http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/15/surc-ir-embedded-case-converts-iphone-into-a-universal-learnin/ : Saw this this morning and really liked the idea! Can be used with ANYTHING that uses IR!
3. a "kick stand"
4. a bezel, so the case doesn't sit on the glass
5. contact charging (like those duracel and power mat cases)
6. be compatible with 3rd party sync cables and headphones
7. slide easily into pockets (no sticky rubber! on the outside anyway)
8. looks minimal, generally pleasing to look at
9. comes in colours, of course
10. DOES NOT F UP THE ANTENNA

Your thoughts my friends?
Sounds like a perfect case for me too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.