PDA

View Full Version : Web Site?

Reeves
Jan 22, 2005, 06:11 PM
I'm not really sure where to post this, so I apaligize in advance if it shouldn't be here. But my question was is there any site equivelent to www.everymac.com that is Windows based. I was just wondering so I could get the specs of my PC, thanks!

Reeves

CanadaRAM
Jan 22, 2005, 06:21 PM
If you have a name brand PC you should be able to get specs at the manufacturer's website.

Or you can download and install the free Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html which will give you a snapshot of system information on your machine.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

slooksterPSV
Jan 22, 2005, 06:28 PM
Simple answer - no. The reason being is that there are over 1000+ motherboards for PC's, over 200+ processors , over 200+ RAM Chips, tons of Chipsets, and various other things. The combinations are endless as far as I'm concerned. You can test your own machine using the link the person provided, there are tons of utilities like SiSoft Sandra, etc. Good luck.

Example:
Processors - Intel 33MHz, 33MHz, Intel 66MHz, Pentium 100, Pentium 133, Pentium 150, Pentium x (x stands for processor speed) - but cache is ..., Cyrix, Via, AMD K6-2, amd K6, Duron, Sempron, - processor speeds of them - Caches of the processors |||
and the list goes on and on for each type.

Reeves
Jan 22, 2005, 06:30 PM
Thanks, I'll try another search to get info on Dells.

Reeves