Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HadItWithWindow

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2008
my iMac takes forever too. I hope someone responds to you

Did you recently do the Bootcamp upgrade? I'm thinking that is when my problems started about three weeks ago.

My slow to no boot is on both the Windows and Apple side.

VictorA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
Thanks for the reply. My boot problem is just in Windows side :rolleyes: . What I've read it is an old problem, I've got it already a year now (I do not use much Windows). It's something inside Windows with it's boot configurations, I saw that IBM laptops had thesame problem.

Now the problem is solved, but the links for the cure are dead. I've e-mailed the guy who made the files, but I did not get any response.

Gr. Victor

Mikehussy

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2010
Is this in Leopard or Snow Leopard? I was considering trying out Win7 32bit on my MacBook, but I won't bother if there aren't the proper Apple drivers especially the touchpad which works really screwed up if there isnt an Apple driver installed, at least that was my experience in XP.

VictorA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2010
I use Snow Leopard and Windows 7. Installed all the driver properly. Everything works; volume buttons and even my wireless MagicMouse works also. That's also a reason why I haven't tried a new clean install....

Gvon42

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2007
You can fix the blinking cursor slow boot in Windows 7 by repairing the Master Boot Record.

1. Restart your computer into Windows.
2. While Windows is loading, press the F8 (play/pause) key about every second.
3. Select Recovery Mode and press Enter.
4. Click Repair your computer. (Command Prompt)
5. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then 4. click Next.
6. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
7. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.

Type (these commands are safe)
Code: Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
Code: Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
Code: Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd
*Press ENTER after each command.*
*Restart your computer.*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.