Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
I just got my new ipod touch 4g a few days ago and have been having some problems with the battery, the last two nights I have completely charged the battery, and when I wake up in the morning it has been either completely dead or < 20%. Could this be because I restored from the back up of my 2g, or is it a hardware issue that I'll need to have it replaced?

patp

Apr 10, 2008
try turning off facetime. that seemed to help me with my battery issues. Now i get 2+ days of a single charge.

Panther71

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Cham-Bana, IL
Also be sure to actually turn off the iPod Touch, not just put it in sleep mode. That helped me quite a bit, but if you keep it in sleep mode, be sure to turn off the wi-fi.

HeelToe

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2010
Turning off WiFi does it for me. I don't need to turn it off.

I has similar issues when I bought mine a few months back. I tried everything listed on these forums. Finally I went in a few weeks ago and asked them to fix or replace. They did a full system reset and asked me to try for a few weeks. I did so and still had the problem. I went in again and they offered a replacement. They indicated that poor battery life is a common reported issue and they have replaced a lot of these iPods because of the issue. I now have a new iPod and the battery is now going on 2 days with wifi on all of the time and I still have more than 50% of the battery life. Take it back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.