Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phantoms

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
http://www.sw-box.com/Iphone-4-Crystal-Back-Cover-White-High-Quality-.html

Anyone have any experience with this? I ordered it yesterday along with a bumper and dock. Saturday I also ordered 3 other bumpers lol there site is addicting.

Currently I have a white sgp leather skin and a black bumper on my phone I thought the price looked right for that may as well try.

Also I know technically you are not supposed to remove the back cover. But if I do it carefully and if I ever have any issues swap back to the original will apple be able to tell I removed it at one point?

Thanks guys

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Wow this looks cool.

If it's the same quality as the original back, I'm going to get it!

brinycbri

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
it seems like the OEM has a black frame..i dont see this in other pictures from apple. is this right? (before i order)

Angel baby

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
The price is $19 and plus the shipping fee which is about $8, it would be a little expensive...:(

phantoms

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2009
wish i could give you guys an update.. but still has not arrived it left hong kong the 22nd so you would think it would be here by now. the other order i had with sw-box came last tuesday the 28th. and i only placed that a day or two before this order. oh well

anyway i removed the back cover of the phone just for practice and it was really simple i was kind of shocked.

brinycbri

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
got mine. the quality overall i would say is 9 out of 10. edges seem tight. the flash had a problem where the pictures were overblown. I emailed CS and they explained it was because I didn't remove a plastic cover inside the back cover. After I removed it, it worked perfectly. I'm pretty happy overall with it.

Ronaldo7

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2011
hey,brinycbri, would u say the back panel is oem?
b/c im thinking of buying one.
thanks in advance.

brinycbri

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2007
hey,brinycbri, would u say the back panel is oem?
b/c im thinking of buying one.
thanks in advance.

I'm so sorry, I didn't see this, PM me if you ahve more questions. It isn't OEM, but it is almost near perfect. There is a little (1mm) space for about 0.5cm near the mute problem, but I bet that's a manufacturing issue. WHich i feel could happen or not happen to you. happy with my product tho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.