Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Castus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
Hey all,

I'm new to these forums, and probably like everyone new.. i'm thinking of buying a macbook.

However I noticed in the buyer's guide that it's wiser to wait..

I was wondering, does anyone have any slight information that a new macbook is coming out soon? because I would hate it if I bought one, and the next day a new comes out..

I'm curious what you guys would do in this situation, or what you guys are actually doing, being in the same situation.

Thanks in advance.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
If you need it now, buy it now. There's always a new one 'round the corner :cool:

Nobody but Apple knows when the next version is coming out - might be a couple of months away, might be six months.

If you're looking at buying the basic macbook, might I suggest a Macbook Air instead? They've recently been updated and, frankly, are probably better value for money than the old style basic macbook for the same kinda dough (if you go for the 11" version anyhow). Just a thought...

Castus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
Thank you for the info.

Yes, I was considering the macbook air.. but there are several problems for me with this 999,- euro choice. First of all only 64 Gb, also a slower CPU and running core 2 duo.. where a new macbook would probably have an intel i5 processor. Also the battery life for the macbook is 10 hours, which I really value. All these factors combined, I should be looking at a normal macbook.

bear1973

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2006
Macbook 13 vs. Macbook Air

I have to agree that the MB 13 offers a lot more computer for the money. I wanted to buy my wife an MB Air for Christmas, but she likes to watch and burn DVDs and doesn't want to haul around an external drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.