Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Heilage

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Hey guys. I bought Scrabble for iPad (by EA) at the sale, but it won't run at all. The loading screen shows up, then I see the home screen. Has anyone else experienced this?

Since this might be the wrong place to ask, is there a forum at EA where I can ask about this, maybe to the developers?

I'm very annoyed, I really want to play Scrabble. :p

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I didn't buy it. I didn't really see an advantage over Words with Friends.
I did get Madden 11 though

I know it is silly, but have you tried restarting the iPad with a hard restart?

Heilage

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 1, 2009
I tried a hard restart and reinstalling it. Issue persists.

How strange. And not surprising at all. I don't hold EA in very high regard.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I tried a hard restart and reinstalling it. Issue persists.

How strange. And not surprising at all. I don't hold EA in very high regard.

That IS disappointing.
Glad I didn't bother with it.
I know it is frustrating.
Maybe someone else has got it running and can give you some direction.

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Oprah was touting the Scrabble game on her "My Favorite Things" show this year. She said it worked great. Sorry I don't have it, that's the only thing I know about it

Heilage

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 1, 2009
It is not jailbroken and it runs 4.2. I seriously don't get it. :(

Words With Friends was cool, but I don't have anyone to play with now.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It's not running on mine. FWIW I purchased it on my computer then did a sync of my iPad. How did you get it on your iPad?

Shoechick

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2010
Hmmm, I bought it through my computer and then downloaded onto my Ipad and use it every day. Never had even a hiccup with it. EA does have a website, there's probably a contact section on there.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Hmmm, I bought it through my computer and then downloaded onto my Ipad and use it every day. Never had even a hiccup with it. EA does have a website, there's probably a contact section on there.

i've already e-mailed them. :rolleyes:

Heilage

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 1, 2009
I bought it directly to my iPad. I wish it gave me an output of some sort, it doesn't tell me what happened.

It's not that I paid so much for it, it's the principle of the thing. I sent a bug message via App Store, I couldn't find any communication channel on the EA website.

Judging by the reviews, this seems to be a common issue that they shuold sort out.

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
just another reference point, I bought it yesterday, downloaded directly to iPad and it worked fine. Synced with iTunes last night and today have been playing about four games and working fine.

Hope it works out for you.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I bought it directly to my iPad. I wish it gave me an output of some sort, it doesn't tell me what happened.

It's not that I paid so much for it, it's the principle of the thing. I sent a bug message via App Store, I couldn't find any communication channel on the EA website.

Judging by the reviews, this seems to be a common issue that they shuold sort out.

Let us know if you get it resolved and what the resolution is
I'm curious

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.