PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ Ibook 12in screen

brsboarder
Jan 23, 2005, 11:52 AM
For the past several months, I have been using an ibook 12in, but after looking at it for 5 min, my eyes really start to bother me. What can i do? if I change it from 1024 to 800 it feels much better, should I leave it at this? Or, my brother needs a laptop, should I give him this one and get a 14in? 15 in powerbook? I need advice thanks

Bear
Jan 23, 2005, 11:59 AM
For the past several months, I have been using an ibook 12in, but after looking at it for 5 min, my eyes really start to bother me. What can i do? if I change it from 1024 to 800 it feels much better, should I leave it at this? Or, my brother needs a laptop, should I give him this one and get a 14in? 15 in powerbook? I need advice thanksSounds like eyestrain. It sounds like you may need your eyes checked. Even if you don't need glasses (or don't need new glasses) you may need to get reading glasses.

Or maybe your screen is getting out of whack. Go into a local store and look at a 12" iBook and see how it compares.

In either case, it sounds like you have a reason to get a new machine. Go for a PowerBook, but wait a couple of weeks before ordering 0 ut sounds like updates willbe announced shortly. Still a G4 but it sounds like you'll get more for your money.

brsboarder
Jan 23, 2005, 12:06 PM
why power book? I dunno if I can strain that kind of money, btw, I have glasses, but only to see far away. I read books all the time, no strain, i dunno what the deal is

Bear
Jan 23, 2005, 12:13 PM
why power book? I dunno if I can strain that kind of money, btw, I have glasses, but only to see far away. I read books all the time, no strain, i dunno what the deal isWell, the 15" PowerBook weighs less than the 14" iBook and has more screen space to use. It's all up to what you want, need and can afford.

And it does sound like you need your eyes checked and mention to your Eye Doc about the strain reading a computer screen. Although if I were you, I'd go look at a new unit in a Store just to compare - like I said - your screen might need repairing.