Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
I love the color combinations though!

If my new replacement Jett case breaks again, i'm going to go with something more high quality, like the electron

scarboy6693

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I love the color combinations though!

If my new replacement Jett case breaks again, i'm going to go with something more high quality, like the electron

They let you choose any combination of colors. I personally think the Gun Metal with the Orange and in matte finish looks really sick

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Nice case, are you sure it doesn't affect gps or signal?

The thing you gotta remember is that just because the case works for one person doesn't mean it'll work for someone else. Granted if you live in the same city or area as someone who has a working case then you're probably good. But if you're in an area with regularly poor reception, then regardless of the case working for someone else across the country, you'll be stuck with a paperweight

scarboy6693

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
San Francisco, CA
The thing you gotta remember is that just because the case works for one person doesn't mean it'll work for someone else. Granted if you live in the same city or area as someone who has a working case then you're probably good. But if you're in an area with regularly poor reception, then regardless of the case working for someone else across the country, you'll be stuck with a paperweight

Its really just my neighborhood that has bad reception, everywhere else where I usually have 5 bars, I have 5 Bars there too.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
i have been using my case for about 4 days now and i have the all silver version. i normally have 1 bar in my house and at work and still have one bar. while waiting for the case i closely watched my bars around town to make sure and see if i say any significant drop and i haven't seen any signal drop big enough to make a bar drop. wifi is great and gps locates and shows the direction the phone is pointing very accurately. it looks great and feels great. i was thinking about the casemate jet case but after i have seen the reviews and design i think that electron case is the best. i have experienced no signal problems at all.

scarboy6693

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
San Francisco, CA
i have been using my case for about 4 days now and i have the all silver version. i normally have 1 bar in my house and at work and still have one bar. while waiting for the case i closely watched my bars around town to make sure and see if i say any significant drop and i haven't seen any signal drop big enough to make a bar drop. wifi is great and gps locates and shows the direction the phone is pointing very accurately. it looks great and feels great. i was thinking about the casemate jet case but after i have seen the reviews and design i think that electron case is the best. i have experienced no signal problems at all.

See, I'm not the only one :)

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2010

I get tired of seeing this BS... tons of people have bought the S4 and had no issues, it seems to be the first all aluminum case that avoids the signal/gps issues so let's stop lumping it in with the ones before it.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
I get tired of seeing this BS... tons of people have bought the S4 and had no issues, it seems to be the first all aluminum case that avoids the signal/gps issues so let's stop lumping it in with the ones before it.

And I'm sick of seeing BS statements from people who prefer to stick their head in the sand and be ignorant. The case seems to work because a handful of people on these forums say it does. And that's great, I'm as big an advocate as there is for a working aluminum case. But at the same time I'm sure there will be a scenario where someone asks the masses if the case works, spends almost $100 only to be disappointed because it doesn't work where they live.

This scenario has already played itself out for me with the Atomic Hybrid. And while it isn't an all aluminum case, it is one that everyone here said works and for some reason I'm the only person who has issues with it.

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2010
I'll just go ahead and assume you have never used the S4, in which case you aren't speaking from any actual experience on the matter, regarding the S4 that is, right? Right.

Last edited:

jma72

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2010
Well, add me to this list

I have the all dark grey case and my reception, gps, wifi, bluetooth all work like as if I have no case on.

Pretty amazing, if you ask me. I had the alumacase and it pretty much crushed my signal on all fronts. I was very skeptical, but I was thought I would give it a try. This was going to be my last case whether it worked or not. And to my delight, it works great.

The only thing I would have liked is if there was no "hump" on top. They should have made it all flat like the bottom. However, that is a minot complaint and subjective at that. The only headphones I use (very rarely) are the apple ones and they fit fine.. I can see that the cutout is kind of small, but does not concern me.

I also like the fact that it fits in my ihome and docks. Now I just may need to by a front half in blue when they start selling the halves separately..

Jason

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
I'll just go ahead and assume you have never used the S4. In which case you have nothing to base your comments on.

Have you used it? Regardless of whether you have or not, it's a very small sample of people who we know for a fact have a functioning case because they choose to come here and post about it. I don't need to use the case to know that.

It's just a simple fact that nothing is 100% perfect. That is the assumption that I work under and will continue to do so until someone proves me wrong.

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2010
@maverick86: No I have not ever used one, can't wait to get mine. But, the difference is I'm not coming off as trying to state facts when it's just a completely baseless opinion with no experience to back it up. I'm not going to talk about something regarding it's performance until I have actually used it. That's what I work under. :) Everyone has opinions, yours just doesn't have actual experience behind it, get an S4 or try one otherwise and then it's ok for you to say things about it's performance. Until then you're just talking out of your ass.

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
@maverick86: No I have not ever used one, can't wait to get mine. But, the difference is I'm not coming off as trying to state facts when it's just a completely baseless opinion with no experience to back it up. :) Everyone has opinions, yours just doesn't have actual experience behind it, get an S4 or try one otherwise and then it's ok for you to say things about it's performance. Until then you're just talking out of your ass.

I'm going to jump in and defend maverick86. I would agree that no case is going to be 100% perfect, and that is the only fact that he has come in here stating. Not every case, aluminum or not, is going to work for everyone, everywhere. And frankly, in these aluminum threads, I can imagine that people whose experiences differ from the masses are somewhat intimidated. I have both the Alumacase and the Atomic Hybrid. And you know what? They both have the exact same effect on my phone. I walked around with the Alumacase for 2 months with no problem. There was a signal loss as compared to the bumper, but it didn't render my phone useless. I tried to report that when it first came out, but it became annoying trying to defend it. I live in Houston...we have a pretty strong signal in most places here. Most everyone in the Alumacase thread, however, would beg to differ.

God forbid I go into that mess of an Atomic thread to say that I've had the same result with Atomic. My phone naked and with the bumper gets a better signal, so people's claims that there is absolutely no difference didn't ring true in my case. The fact is nothing is 100% perfect.

These threads are getting ridiculous. People can disagree, you know. Or have different experiences. It's ok. On most days the political discussions in the community thread aren't as snarky as the ones in the aluminum case threads.

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2010
These threads are getting ridiculous. People can disagree, you know. Or have different experiences. It's ok. On most days the political discussions in the community thread aren't as snarky as the ones in the aluminum case threads.

*sigh*

First of all, when did I ever say that the S4 was perfect? Why do you mention that, and him too, like it's some kind of retort? Makes no sense, that's not what any of the little argument was about.

Secondly, I understand your experience with the Alumacase, but where you are going with that whole piece of your reply is the same thing I was pointing out in mav's posts. If you haven't used the S4, you can't say anything about the performance, you just can't, you have nothing to back it up. All your experience with X case and Y case is great and you should comment on how they perform, if it's in a thread talking about those cases. This thread is about the S4, which has a different design, incorporates different ideas on how to encase the phone without affecting the performance. So, again, commenting on the S4 using experience with other cases is totally baseless. It's just logic.

Now... of course it's fine if people want to disagree or speak about their different experiences, no question about that... but he has no experience with the S4. I was merely making a point about how his remarks about the S4, especially the one about turning your phone into a "paperweight", were flawed. That's what the argument was about. I'm not being snarky, if somebody read his post and used that as their deciding factor in buying the case then they would miss out, not knowing any better. But they see a few posts down there is a logical statement that, after which he proved with his reply, shows he wasn't speaking with any first-hand knowledge or experience, they'd take his post differently. If he had actually ever used the damn case then I would have never said anything.

Besides that, I was over it with my last post, I've already shown that his remarks were unnecessary and baseless, and now you too, regarding the performance of the case. It's done.

Back on topic now?

I actually would like to know when the matte finish cases are going to be up on the site.

Last edited:

phatbass30

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2010
back to topic indeed!:)

i just got the notification notice that my case is ready to pick up at the post. its sunday here so i have to wait til tomorrow. i will definitely do a comparison with the blade and my coming soon vapor knock off. yes i ordered that one too. i'm already broke now! :(

i will get the light gray and blue top and extra red top with black screws. by the way, the extra red top is free. it was the one mentioned by Nick of e13ctron here in the forum when they were having free shipping promotion. since i can't get a free shipping, he gave me a killer deal that i can't say no it. :)

and they upgraded my Priority Mail to Express Mail for free!

these guys from e13ctron are awesome!

Last edited:

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2010
Sounds like it man, you should post pics of the new ones when they come in :) Hopefully they will start selling the pieces separately soon.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
the more i use this case the more i love it. the only part i am getting used to is the button cut outs. it doesn't bother me to much cause i usually have volume at full or off/ vibrate. but i was looking at a few other cases i have and i am thinking about trying to put some rubber buttons in the cutouts and see if they work. i think if they are cutout correctly the would fit in just right. if i succeed i will post some pics.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
*sigh*

First of all, when did I ever say that the S4 was perfect? Why do you mention that, and him too, like it's some kind of retort? Makes no sense, that's not what any of the little argument was about.

Secondly, I understand your experience with the Alumacase, but where you are going with that whole piece of your reply is the same thing I was pointing out in mav's posts. If you haven't used the S4, you can't say anything about the performance, you just can't, you have nothing to back it up. All your experience with X case and Y case is great and you should comment on how they perform, if it's in a thread talking about those cases. This thread is about the S4, which has a different design, incorporates different ideas on how to encase the phone without affecting the performance. So, again, commenting on the S4 using experience with other cases is totally baseless. It's just logic.

Now... of course it's fine if people want to disagree or speak about their different experiences, no question about that... but he has no experience with the S4. I was merely making a point about how his remarks about the S4, especially the one about turning your phone into a "paperweight", were flawed. That's what the argument was about. I'm not being snarky, if somebody read his post and used that as their deciding factor in buying the case then they would miss out, not knowing any better. But they see a few posts down there is a logical statement that, after which he proved with his reply, shows he wasn't speaking with any first-hand knowledge or experience, they'd take his post differently. If he had actually ever used the damn case then I would have never said anything.

Besides that, I was over it with my last post, I've already shown that his remarks were unnecessary and baseless, and now you too, regarding the performance of the case. It's done.

Back on topic now?

I actually would like to know when the matte finish cases are going to be up on the site.

Look, I never said the case doesn't work. I'm really not sure where you keep coming up with me stating facts that the S4 doesn't work. I have said all along there is the possibility that the case will not work for someone, somewhere. I don't expect anyone to interpret my post as a fact that the case doesn't work so don't buy. If someone does, then they have a reading comprehension problem. The only thing I stress (and maybe I should've clarified that in my very first post) is that when buying the case, temper your expectations until you actually have it and find out that it works. I know that's what I'll do if I decide to buy. Based on previous experience with a non-functioning, expensive purchase, I'm not eager to repeat that and I hope I'm dead wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.